Extra Easy Portion control

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
So. Portion control. What's the deal everyone? Last time I did sw I remember I was amazed by how much I could eat and still loss weight! This time is the same. Despite the fact that I'm now a lot lighter I still have the same enormous appetite. Hubby and I had a few cross words about portion control tonight. Do I need to be worrying or can I truly eat until I'm full? How have you guys found it as you've gotten smaller. Have you had to adjust things? I have put away quite a bit of food. The snacks I have are fruit mainly with a couple of muller lights. Look forward to hearing xx thanks xx

I think it's fine as long as you are not stuffing yourself. You should stop when you feel satisfied as your body takes a little while to register when it is "full" so if you're eating till your bursting of course that's not the best idea. Depends what you mean when you say full.

If you're following the plan and still losing - keep on doing what you're doing! :)

I just make sure I follow the plan in terms of free and super free food but don't count portion size. unless of course it's something which is a hex a or b, or a synned item and it's important you count that portion size!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Having a third superfree on your plate (NOT afterwards) should naturally limit your portion size. It's also important to listen to your body and only eat till your hunger is satisfied not till you're stuffed. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I'm sticking to the super free rigidly and snacking on super free fruits mainly with muller lights. It's just given me some food for thought so to speak. I'll stick with following my body and see where I end up. Thanks again :) x

So with the above in mind, here is yesterday's food.

B. porridge made with water mixed with fresh berries and grapes and fat free nat yog. HEXB. About 8am

S. fresh pineapple. About 10.30

L. Brown pasta with broccoli, cauliflower, turkey rashers, chilli flakes, red pepper and spring onion with a small amount of far free Fromage and sun dried toms (0.5syn). About 12.30

S. pasta mug shot sweet and sour. About 3.30

S. 2 x satsuma and apple about 6pm

D. Spaghetti bolognaise with ww cheese. HEXA. Muller light yoghurt 7.45pm

S. miller light yoghurt and banana. 9pm
S. alpen light bar (3syn) with apple and ml yoghurt. 12pm.

What do you think? Is this too much?

No - sounds perfect, apart from no superfree with your mug shot. If you were being really pedantic about the superfree rule there should have been some. (Just trying to think what would have gone nicely with it).

Lucky7 said:
No - sounds perfect, apart from no superfree with your mug shot. If you were being really pedantic about the superfree rule there should have been some. (Just trying to think what would have gone nicely with it).

Very true. I could've mixed some frozen veg I suppose? Tbh id forgotten an afternoon snack so it was just around lol. You don't think it sounds like too much food though? Got myself in a right old tiz about it last night now lol. X

I'm going to admit, I'm now at target and 3 1/2st lighter, and I still eat like a baby elephant. If you're eating, feeling satisfied and still losing, that's fantastic and you should just keep going! If you start starving yourself, you'll stop enjoying SW, and that's the danger zone when we're most likely to fall off the wagon!

Don't worry about portion control, it sounds like your 1/3 superfree is almost (if not always!) there, so you're doing just fine and probably shouldn't worry. Well done you!

Dont worry about portion control jsut eat till your done, eat with a slower pace so brain and body have time to link up but no point having a birds size portion if you dont have a birds appetite then getting a sugar low/hunger pains and reaching for something you shouldnt :).

My dinners recently have been immense, mainly because i;m doing kickboing for a few hours a day now, so i have a light lunch after i finsih, and then when it comes to dinner I'm in the mood for something more substantial. So general means, a good sized piece of protein, potatoes/or squash of some form and a huge pile of veg(mainly green veggies atm)

Even though my portion sizes have been big i know i;ve lost weight as my jeans are now too big ;). So moral of the story is ignore anyone who says you cant eat that and loose weight or even better learn to perfect a face something like this -___- lol :p

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your replies. Its just hard not to stress. I shall tell hubby to feck off and leave me be until a point where it stops working :) xxx

I used to do portion control and it just meant that I was hungry and I snacked endlessly! Now I have HUGE meals and I find that I'm hardly snacking at all! In fact I used to have things like Mugshots and Mullerlights in between meals but I don't anymore, just 3 meals, coffee and the occasional piece of fruit in between. SW has definitely changed my eating habits and I think you'll naturally reduce the amount you eat as you get smaller, I just love the way SW works and trust it 100%

I'm a snacker, I always ahve been. When I snack I choose superfree first & if I'm really hungry or know it won't fill the gapp I'll eat something more filling or use my syns.

Is it better to have bigger meals & less snacks, than average sized & snack in between??

I don't snack much, but I do eat huuuuuuge portions :D I can put away more food than my (six foot tall) boyfriend! It does sound like you eat often, but I don't think that's necessarily a problem as long as you're genuinely hungry rather than snacking out of boredom or mistaking hunger for thirst.

I still find it hard some days having breakfast. Our C says breakfast isn't essential, but after so long hearing on every diet, how important breakfast is, I don't want to tempt fate.
I will have three meals a day. I don't usually snack in between, but I do have a treat in the evening -- usually a snack size kitkat or timeout bar -- and if I get hungry around ten or so, I'll have some noodles.

I drink shed loads of water so that really shouldn't be an issue. i know sometimes i eat from habit but that's something i'm definitely better at this time around... doing the cambridge helped me to identify the difference between being hungry with my head and my eyes and my tummy :) I'm still working on it but i'm at least more aware

Breakfast really isn't an issue for me - i'm always hungry in the morning. Think i'm just one of those people with a huge appetite and just because hubby feels full doesn't necessarily mean i should too, like you said!

I feel loads better now, thanks x

I find it hard when himself sits in front of me scoffing biscuits and crisps and chocolate in the evenings. Sometimes tell him he makes it very hard for me, and that it's not really fair that he sits there like that. After all, if I were giving up smoking or something it would be considered cruel to sit in front of me smoking.

I drink shed loads of water so that really shouldn't be an issue. i know sometimes i eat from habit but that's something i'm definitely better at this time around... doing the cambridge helped me to identify the difference between being hungry with my head and my eyes and my tummy :) I'm still working on it but i'm at least more aware

Breakfast really isn't an issue for me - i'm always hungry in the morning. Think i'm just one of those people with a huge appetite and just because hubby feels full doesn't necessarily mean i should too, like you said!

I feel loads better now, thanks x

If you feel peckish do you eat something small or have a drink? I ask out of curiosity as I've always been a snacker so every evening (without fail) I'll be hungry & often think its out of habit that I eat. I'll choose an apple or something but if I'm still peckish before I know it I could have taken in a good few 100 calories extra just in snacks. I've never known how to differentiate between peckish & hungry & knowing when to nibble on something small or eat something more filling...

LisaC said:
If you feel peckish do you eat something small or have a drink? I ask out of curiosity as I've always been a snacker so every evening (without fail) I'll be hungry & often think its out of habit that I eat. I'll choose an apple or something but if I'm still peckish before I know it I could have taken in a good few 100 calories extra just in snacks. I've never known how to differentiate between peckish & hungry & knowing when to nibble on something small or eat something more filling...

I always have a drink to hand anyway. I probably drink about 3-4l of water per day so normally it's hunger or habit with me. Try having a litre bottle of water with you at all times and working through at least two and see if it makes a difference. Since coming back to sw I will normally grab a piece of fruit and if that doesn't do it then something a little heavier like a banana or a cereal bar x

Back