Portion Control

DearFatty

Silver Member
Although free food is just that, do any of you also control the size of portions in your meals. I am trying to eat sensible amounts but still not go hungry.
What do the rest of you do ?

Hiya!

I just eat what I want - I don't bother with portion size.:D

Quite often I eat too much and feel uncomfortably full!!

I also seem to graze constantly between meals too!:eatdrink051:

I don't do portion control and have lost steadily until now (apart from some totm weeks). But mind, I do have a lot of weight to lose. I think I will have to cut down on food though once I get closer to my target weight.
I don't eat a lot between meals (apart from free food like fruit, Muller joghurts and on occasion a Mugshot)

B. xx

I would snack on fruit but i dont control portions although i never eat all whats on the plate i always leave some as i am full

Me too, fill the plateup and I end up leaving some. I am never hungry and ear fruit between meals.

I don't worry too much about portions but i always make sure i have plenty of veg as too easily we can forget about veg because we fill up on other stuff. Your best being full from your meals than being hungry later on and picking at the wrong things. xxx

Yup! Agree with the above! Eat till i'm full but snack on fruit.

While I agree that free food is just that, I DO think common sense has to play a part. For some people, it comes naturally to just put a sensible amount on their plate or to have the control to know when they are full.

For others, including me, common sense is missing so I'll pile me plate, unconsiously eat every mouthful, feel ill and feel too bloated to do any exercise. I HAVE to make a conscious effort, which is a struggle, to watch the amount I put on my plate.

I know in probably 90% of cases free food is 100% exactly that, but some people DO need to think about portion control.

I agree with suepat10 ,commonsense has to apply,if I was to eat as much potato as I would like I do not think I would lose weight, I can eat loads,so I do portion control on the things that I know would have loads of calories,even though they are free,and stuff myself silly on the veg and salad,

just seen on ebay - someone is selling 'PORTION CUPS''
they are from rosemary conley , they dont look very big.....
wonder if we could use childrens saucepans for measuring LOL:8855::8855:

Hiya

I have bought slightly smaller plates as the ones I had were HUGE and every meal time they would be full. I do have to have some portion control as I could eat and eat and eat and eat :D

Now I ensure I always eat enough but I don't go mental. I do snack in between, and if I fancy more I have more. I just don't have "as much as I want", I have "as much as I need".

It's exactly what most people have said and what my cnsultant says every meeting, eat to your appetite... don't stuff yourself until you feel ill. If you eat to your own appetite then free food is exactly that.

Hiya

I have bought slightly smaller plates as the ones I had were HUGE and every meal time they would be full. I do have to have some portion control as I could eat and eat and eat and eat :D

Good idea! I'm going to try and start having my spaghetti on a smaller plate as I do tend to go mad with it!

This is one of the reasons for having a gastric band.
I couldnt tell when I was full and would eat excessively to the point of having pains.
Now, although I do have fruit and veg, I have a much smaller portion than before and as a result Im not bloated or uncomfortable otherwise I am sick!! Lol

Back