Portion sizes on extra easy

Gingernut

Hi
just wondering about the portion sizes with the extra easy plan i know you weigh your cereals as healthy B but what about rest of your food like meat potatoes .
If you dont weigh these foods you will not know how much you are eating so you might be eating to much to lose weight with ww you weigh all portion sizes and you know how big your portion sizes are

meat, potatoes, veg and fruit are all free on EE. You can eat what you like of them when you like. Thats the beauty of SW. I do EE all the time and I can pile my plates pretty high some days and I lose on average 2lbs a week so it cant be bad!!!!

Ha, glad to see I am not the only one freaking out about this! I used to do ww to but their portion sizes are too small - 60g of pasta!! I can't figure out how this diet works as time goes on but it seems to for people. I am beginning to assume that by filling up on free foods your appetite will over time make your portion sizes smaller, so thats how you lose?

Hi
It does seem to good to be true to eat as much free food as you want and lose weight without portion control

All you're doing is being encouraged to eat foods that take a while to be digested, and leave you feeling fuller for longer. If you feel full after a huge low-syn or syn-free meal, you're a lot less likely to raid the biscuit tin or sweetie jar. You are, in effect, eating a low fat and lower calorie diet that way, even without portion control.

If you think about people who aren't on a diet, they do something similar but without thinking - the only difference is your healthy extras are limited for anyone on SW.

Don't try and compare different diet plans - it's impossible. They all work for some people, and not for others, and in all different ways! Embrace SW if you want to, but forget everything you knew before it!

Good luck!

Hi Gingernut

Still worried I see about SW plan.... please believe what we say you can indeed eat as much free food as to satisfy your hunger, and when it returns (the hunger) dig in for some more. YOU will lose weight!!
Count your syns and don't cheat, and stick to your healthy A & B/s and you must weigh as required.

Good luck and STOP worrying... enjoy SW and it will become second nature

Phil x

Just do it! If you cut back you don't lose! I have lost weight faster with EE than WW and haven't been hungry once. You have to eat healthily and because you aren't hungry you don't feel the need to snack. Then all you do is add your syns. Trust me it works!

Don't fotget on the EE plan they say that you should fill your plate 1/3 with free foods like salad etc. That's limiting the size of steak you can have as well

"Don't fotget on the EE plan they say that you should fill your plate 1/3 with free foods like salad etc. That's limiting the size of steak you can have as well "

They suggest it, but it's not required as such.

I find that when I have EE meals they're much more filling than red or (especially) green meals, so I don't actually end up eating as much as I'd expect to (the first few days I did EE I ate tons but then I realised that I didn't actually WANT quite as much).

Don't forget, you're compensating for any possible higher food intake from the extra free foods by reducing your HEs to one HEA and one HEB, which would be equivalent to about 12 syns a day (which very roughly works out to about 200-250 calories, I think)

Ahh I had forgotten about cutting out the other HEB, you're right it all adds up. I think eating EE feels more like a normal eating plan as my bf and I are having exactly the same meals i just eat loads ore salad and veg than him and eat fruit inbetween rather than mars bars!

Couscous - you're right, it *is* normal eating, that's what's so good about it!

I just did two weeks on WW (had some health problems and stopped going to SW for a bit, then decided to give WW a go as my mum does it) and it did my head in, always having to plan everything in minute detail and running the risk of having to have veg soup for tea if I counted wrong... YUCK! Particularly as I have attention defecit disorder, so that sort of thing is hardly my strong point ;) It just all felt a bit eating-disorderish, somehow. SW is much more realistic and normal and (IMO) sustainable - I can't imagine counting points for the rest of the month, let alone the rest of my life! I like that SW is basically "eat as much as you need to of lots of things [lean meat, pasta, veg, rice, fruit, eggs...], a little bit each day of some things [milk, bread, olive oil, etc] and a little bit when you feel like it (every day if you want to, just not all day, every day!) of other things [chocolate, biscuits etc]" Sounds good to me!

Couscous - you're right, it *is* normal eating, that's what's so good about it!

I just did two weeks on WW (had some health problems and stopped going to SW for a bit, then decided to give WW a go as my mum does it) and it did my head in, always having to plan everything in minute detail and running the risk of having to have veg soup for tea if I counted wrong... YUCK! Particularly as I have attention defecit disorder, so that sort of thing is hardly my strong point ;) It just all felt a bit eating-disorderish, somehow. SW is much more realistic and normal and (IMO) sustainable - I can't imagine counting points for the rest of the month, let alone the rest of my life! I like that SW is basically "eat as much as you need to of lots of things [lean meat, pasta, veg, rice, fruit, eggs...], a little bit each day of some things [milk, bread, olive oil, etc] and a little bit when you feel like it (every day if you want to, just not all day, every day!) of other things [chocolate, biscuits etc]" Sounds good to me!

What you just said :p

Hi
I would like to thank you all for your nice replies and advise the slimming world plan sounds really good especially if you can eat free food
But it is just bread i like to have a sandwich at lunch time

Thanks

Hi
But what if you want cereals for breakfast on extra easy plan do you take bread as syns or your cereal as syns

i use my syns for my bread, as bread is my downfall but i very rarely have cereal usually bacon and eggs

If they are both a B choice then use the lowest syn one and count it. You can't have a lot of bread so might need to switch to the nimble diet bread to get the most out of your syns. Personally I don't have bread as the miniscule amount they let you have just isn't enough for me. I like ryvita and you get 4 as a HEB which is a lot if you load it up with tuna and salad. 4 keeps me munching for a good 15 - 20 minutes and as it has some crunch about it i feel it keeps me fuller for longer. Good for fibre as well which i need to keep things moving along!

Back