Portion sizes

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
I had a discussion with my OH today about the size of the portions I eat on Slimming World. He can't believe the amount I eat (and still lose weight)! He says he can't eat the amount I do - he's not overweight at all - and is often full when I'm not. But, although I cook SW meals for us both, he has toast and stuff for breakfast, whereas I just tend to have fruit & yoghurt. He also piles loads of cheese on pasta dishes etc. For dessert the other day he had a few dates, whereas I had a serving of chocolate chickpea cake - I pointed out that his "few dates" added up to many more syns than my comparatively huge portion of cake. For me SW is about choosing the right things to eat.

Anyway, what I'd like opinions on is about his questions about my "diet". He said, why don't I reduce the size of my portions so that my stomach shrinks and I get used to eating smaller quantities. I guess he has a point, because I'm often hungry relatively soon after eating a "large" SW meal. He reckons I'd lose even more weight that way, but I'm not convinced. I don't want my body to get used to eating too little.

What do you guys think?

No...why?
Your already losing weight with the food that you are eating. Why do u need to shrink your stomach?
I have the same issue with my OH with regards to how much I eat.
I'll have scrambled egg, toast and smoked salmon and yet he'll have toast with butter and his has more syns.
He has a sandwich and I have sw chips, egg, beans and maybe a WW sausage and his is more syns than my plateful....he says it doesn't compute....lol.
So long as my weight continue to comes off I'm happy. If it stops, I'll look into it. But if it isn't broken....why fix it?

You need to eat to satisfy your appetite. If you reduce your portion sizes and you end up being hungry then you may not lose weight as your body may think its going into starvation mode. The whole SW ethos is eat until you are satisfied and even though it doesnt always make sense, we all know it works 100%. Im sure if your body didnt need the food you would start to plateau or put weight on.

It's all about choices. A mars bar has say 400 calories, does it fill you up? No. A bowl of pasta has 200 calories, does that fill you up? Yes.

The only way to lose weight is to take in less calories than you burn - simple. How you get those calories is up to you. You could argue that allowing SW to let you have unlimited portion size is promoting an unhealthy life style, but it's more than that. I could go into the theory's and science about it, but that's pointless!!

If it's working and it's healthy, why change it? :)

Natt xxx

Back