portion sizes

sugarlove

Hi I'm new to the forum and thinking of starting SW. Had enough of WW and feeling hungry all the time.
I know that you are meant to be able to eat unlimited portion size of pasta etc. on a green day, but is there such a thing as eating too much? I have a huge appetite and could easily eat loads of pasta, potatoes and rice. How would I not put weight on? Do people really eat massive portions, or is the diet working because people don't take advantage of the portion sizes?
Thanks

The diet works because people do take advantage of the unlimited portion sizes! The trick is to eat until you are satisfied.

There are no limits on these foods for good reason, to make you feel fuller for longer.

I have a huge appetite and can eat the biggest jacket potatoes or a massive bowl of pasta with no ill effects to my weight.

You've just go to put WW out of your mind if you start SW as they are so very different in the way they restrict foods. Give it a go!

Yup - eat until you are satisfied, not until you are being sick! Then if you find yourself hungry again - eat again until satisfied!
It really does work! :D

It's a good idea to pehaps make one of the pasta recipes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the portion sizes and it will give you a rough guide of servings. And you can add tons of veggies to things like curries to bulk them up, yum yum yum.

When I first started I didn't think at all about portion size but as I went along I looked at my portions and just considered if I really wanted it all or was I being greedy because I know I can eat huge amouts of food and whether I'm hungry or not doesn't really cross my mind.
Sometimes I take food off my plate and if I still want it when I've finished, I eat it.

If you have a lot to loose, eat as much as you feel you want. Gradually as you lose more and more weight you will naturally reduce your portion sizes because your appetite will change

I have found that my appetite has gone down a lot since SW.
I also tend to give myself less and help myself to more if I still feel hungry but that almost never happens.
I also find eating on a smaller plate works but no need really as we can eat as much as we want. I don't like to stuff myself till bursting anyway.

I don't know about anyone else,...but here is my confession..........

As someone who has ALWAYS overeaten....when I first started, I took the whole 'as much as you like' really literally. To too far of an extreme. Then my body realised that since being on SW, whenever I've sat down to a meal, I've never been 'starving'. So now I found that I don't need so much. My body accepts what I've given it because it knows that in a few hours/minutes/and occasionally seconds, there will be more food coming.

I've also turned into more of a 'grazer'. Usually one main meal, and just much smaller meals/snacks throughout the day.

I don't know about anyone else,...but here is my confession..........

As someone who has ALWAYS overeaten....when I first started, I took the whole 'as much as you like' really literally. To too far of an extreme. Then my body realised that since being on SW, whenever I've sat down to a meal, I've never been 'starving'. So now I found that I don't need so much. My body accepts what I've given it because it knows that in a few hours/minutes/and occasionally seconds, there will be more food coming.

I've also turned into more of a 'grazer'. Usually one main meal, and just much smaller meals/snacks throughout the day.

Me too I pushed the boundary s to the limit and was eating much more than I normally would have and eating 3 huge meals just because I could (still lost weight).Yesterday was a turning point when I actually left half of my dinner so from now on only going to eat when I'm hungry and I'm going to stop when I have had enough

Back