portion sizes

x_ali_x

Silver Member
I'm worried about my portion sizes being too big... and my mum tells me I eat too much of the free food like a whole honeydew melon to myself :/ what are your portion sizes? how do they effect your losses? x

I think SW is supposed to be that you can eat as much free food as you like. For pasta etc... I try to keep to the packet serving sizes as otherwise I'd just eat as much as I made.

Melon is a super speed food so will fill you up but has very low calores for that.

Tell your mum the proof is in the weighing and you've had some great losses!

My Hubbs read me out an article the other day, saying that, too much natural sugar in fruits can make you actually gain weight.. I was a bit skeptical about this,. and still am. But I too eat an awful lot of fruit, have tried cutting down, but there is no difference in my weight loss...(or lack of ..lol!) But, Years ago, fruit used to be (in those days) sinned, did it not? Does anybody really remember that?

I'm worried about my portion sizes being too big... and my mum tells me I eat too much of the free food like a whole honeydew melon to myself :/ what are your portion sizes? how do they effect your losses? x

Melon is super free.

The only way you can over eat, is if you are eating when you are not hungry and for the sake of it.

A whole melon sounds like a lot, but i regularly have half a melon for my breakfast and then chop up the rest and have it with packed lunch at work. x

*the only way it affects my losses, is by loosing more, melon is superspeed. goes great with strawberries, i call it my superspeed fruit salad.

Melon is superfree, superspeed and supertasty! I'm sure someone posted the other day that they eat melons in one go.

Now, if you were eating the same amount of crisps or chocolate, you'd have a problem!

shirleen is right. Look at your lovely losses. As others have said, as long as you're not eating when you're no longer hungry you should be fine. ;)

And if your mum mentions portion size again, just tell her that it is better that you fill up on the melon than have to grab a packet of crisps later :)

When you get down to your final stone then you may need to think about portion sizes but until then . . . . enjoy xx

When you get down to your final stone then you may need to think about portion sizes but until then . . . . enjoy xx

Just goes to rpove how every body is different, cause I tried cutting down my portion sizes towards the end and I GAINED those weeks, so sometimes portion is not the key, for every person....

In terms of portions, Husband and I for pudding regularly have 1/2 a pineapple, a banana and a kiwi each with total 0% and thats AFTER dinner! LOL. As long as you're only eating til full, not stuffed eat away!

When i first did sw many moons ago my dad was astonished i could lose weight having bacon and eggs for brekkie everyday. But i did and do now!

Just goes to rpove how every body is different, cause I tried cutting down my portion sizes towards the end and I GAINED those weeks, so sometimes portion is not the key, for every person....

In terms of portions, Husband and I for pudding regularly have 1/2 a pineapple, a banana and a kiwi each with total 0% and thats AFTER dinner! LOL. As long as you're only eating til full, not stuffed eat away!

Wow you did really well xxx

Funky_Munky said:
When i first did sw many moons ago my dad was astonished i could lose weight having bacon and eggs for brekkie everyday. But i did and do now!
Hehe my dad walked in the other day and I was doing burgers and chips and he said "that can't be on your diet" and when I said I've made my own he said "well that can't make it any healthier". It's the same when I have a fry up - they just don't get it do they lol

Back