Positive Points of Slimming World

lt52

Silver Member
I wanted to start a thread with all the positive points of slimming world.... sometimes when we are down, not having losses or a bad week and even struggling to keep going and wanting some motivation - it sometimes helps for a boost remembering the positive points to slimming world.

So i thought a thread full of people's positive points and nice bits to slimming world might help keep motivation at the time when we need it....

I shall start with some points and feel free to add to it....

1) It clearly works.... so many people loose weight and my weight loss total is 5 Stone 7 Pounds!
2) Free foods..... Yes there are such things that you can eat till you feel satisfied.... and then statisify yourself later as much as you like
3) You have 15 syns per day for anything you like! A Posh sauce, bit of a takeaway or some chocolate!
4) Using free foods and having restrictions, as much as it can be frustrating, it can be fun to come up with new ways of enjoying your food and treats in different ways.... Weetabix muffins with smarties or rolos in them - hell yeah 2 syn treat!
5) You aren't alone.... there are people doing it with you and everyone, when you talk to them, have off days, bad weeks, gains, achievements and successes!
6) I can honestly say nearly 1 and half years in i am still finding new things, new people, new ideas, new recipes - it can have its boring moments but there is a lot to keep you going!
7) There are now convenience frozen ready meals. As much i may have criticised parts of them (in other threads) they are handy to have and pretty decent to say its frozen ready meals - they are pretty much the best going AND ARE SYN FREE!
8) There are groups face to face, twitter feeds and groups - facebook feeds and groups and even on this site there is so much support and ideas. There is so much support for you no matter where you go
9) You can have a fry up (with some sensible substitutes of course) but you can have a fry up!!!!
10) You shouldn't ever deprive yourself or feel really hungry - if you are, you aren't doing it right!!!!

There's a couple of suggestions of the positive points i can think of, i really hope people can use these to remember and keep on when times aren't quite there. I will keep adding to it and encourage everyone to list positives below too....

Lee

Great positive post, good looking at it as a newbie, thankyou for taking the time to post very encouraging :wave_cry:

Great positive post, good looking at it as a newbie, thankyou for taking the time to post very encouraging :wave_cry:

That's ok.... hope you can come up with some great positives too

How did you get on with your last stone,was it hard to lose,just wandering

Erm not really - it slowed right down though - so it is a lot harder to see the results and you don't get big losses like 5/6/7 pounds which i had been having before.

Here are my positives :

SW encourages you to cook healthy meals with real food.
SW encourages you to exercise at your own level.
A combination of the above leaves you feeling healthy and energised and ready to face the world every day.

The best recipies,it has put the enjoyment back in cooking because I'm trying new things and new ingredients I had never used before

Here are my positives :

SW encourages you to cook healthy meals with real food.
SW encourages you to exercise at your own level.
A combination of the above leaves you feeling healthy and energised and ready to face the world every day.

I love those positives so much - thanks for sharing!!!

Soit may not look good for me with a stone to lose

There is plenty of time, you have to remember that someone who has 5 stone to loose will see something totally different to someone with only a stone to loose.... any and all losses are positive and its positive to maintain or just loose a pound.

The best recipies,it has put the enjoyment back in cooking because I'm trying new things and new ingredients I had never used before

I agree.... my cooking skills are useless and not getting better but at least i'm trying new things and feeling so much healthier!

It encourages you to eat treats in moderation so you never feel deprived. I've always been a very "all or nothing" person and while I've succeeded on several diets, I never *quite* get to goal before getting sick of rabbit food and pigging out for months to compensate! Having treats regularly keeps me motivated and on track :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It encourages you to eat treats in moderation so you never feel deprived. I've always been a very "all or nothing" person and while I've succeeded on several diets, I never *quite* get to goal before getting sick of rabbit food and pigging out for months to compensate! Having treats regularly keeps me motivated and on track :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Another excellent and much needed highlighted positive - i love enjoying a treat - guilt free! :D

I can still still enjoy a beer, 2 x poppadoms and some chutney with my SW curry! :D
I can still go on a out with friends for a meal, and a few drinks and still stay on plan! :D

Soit may not look good for me with a stone to lose

Everyone loses at different rates too, I'm usually one for losing 1-2lbs a week (when I stick to the plan!), whereas I know of people similar in weights to me who lose 3-4lbs a week. So don't be disheartened about any 'small' losses :)

I can still still enjoy a beer, 2 x poppadoms and some chutney with my SW curry! :D
I can still go on a out with friends for a meal, and a few drinks and still stay on plan! :D

Excellent additions to the thread - i like the personal touches - a beer with a curry is quite good (if i liked beer lol)
Just because you are 'dieting' doesn't mean that you can't go out and have meal and do the things you normally do and just enjoy yourself!

The best thing I like about sw is that I don't have to cook separate meals for my hubs and kids.

They love all the sw recipes too.

The best thing I like about sw is that I don't have to cook separate meals for my hubs and kids.

They love all the sw recipes too.

That's a brilliant positive! I love it!

In the spirit of being positive and all that i am keeping up with the support.... i have linked me twitter account with the icon under my name or its @taylorl2506

Defo want to make the most of all support and inspiration out there so that's me next port of call

Lee

I also like that some of the meals, when made up will actually make more than the recipe states... I make a Bolognase Pasta Bake that says it makes 4, but it will easily serve 6 so there's lunch for a couple of days too!
(This may just apply to me, but I always get at least one lunch out of a recipe because some of the recipes make much bigger portions than I can eat in one sitting :) )

Back