Positive Points of Slimming World

The main positive for me is that I never feel like I'm dieting. People ask me if I struggle and I can genuinely say I find it so easy to stick to. Don't get me wrong, I have my off days like everyone else, but syns make it possible to have an off day and still lose (another positive!).

Most importantly, it WORKS and is sustainable. I've done Rosemary Conley before and it took me from January until May to lose 1.5 stone. Here I am on Slimming World, in the middle of March, 1 stone 4lbs down since the middle of January!

The main positive for me is that I never feel like I'm dieting. People ask me if I struggle and I can genuinely say I find it so easy to stick to. Don't get me wrong, I have my off days like everyone else, but syns make it possible to have an off day and still lose (another positive!).

Most importantly, it WORKS and is sustainable. I've done Rosemary Conley before and it took me from January until May to lose 1.5 stone. Here I am on Slimming World, in the middle of March, 1 stone 4lbs down since the middle of January!

Fab positives and congratulations on your losses!

Lee

Fab positives and congratulations on your losses!

Lee

Thanks :) I should also point out that I put the 1.5 stone plus a whoooole lot more on after doing Rosemary Conley. I started it when I was 16, i.e. before I discovered alcohol, and then went to uni at 18 and...discovered alcohol.

Thanks :) I should also point out that I put the 1.5 stone plus a whoooole lot more on after doing Rosemary Conley. I started it when I was 16, i.e. before I discovered alcohol, and then went to uni at 18 and...discovered alcohol.

But more importantly and positively we are on the slimming world wagon and its shifting it with you..... Alcohol can be a killer depends what you like - a spirit and mixer is best aint it - i tend not drink alcohol so don't have this issue.

1. I've lost 8 and half stone and it's changed my life forever
2. I've learned to cook, from scratch with fresh ingredients and love fruit and veg
3. I'm never chewing my arm off in hunger. I can always eat plenty which has always been important for me
4. Group is such a big support, and part of my life. It gave me confidence, new friends, a feeling of belonging.
5. It's given me the best part time job I could have wished for, and a real sense of community with the other consultants on my team. It doesn't feel like going to work when I do my group. I just love it.

SW is not only about the food aspect - there are also the many health benefits

My IBS has disappeared, my joints dont ache as much, I can walk further, I can manage the stairs at work I dont get out of breath.

Win Win

My IBS has disappeared, my joints dont ache as much, I can walk further, I can manage the stairs at work I dont get out of breath.

Win Win

Do you know what i've not even thought about some of those benefits - and i agree and all parts - thanks for reminding me of positives that i didn't even know of that are really relevant to me!

Lee

I've decided to add something posititve of me own! Again.

I've started a new thread looking for the 'ultimate SW pud/dessert'
I am desperate to find a good SW friendly pud that is not a substitute but something proper and good. So my positive point for today is - i am still trying my hardest to go for it and come up with new ideas and get others to support me in keeping on going and finding more stuff for us all!

Lee

Win Win

I'm very much looking forward to not being out of breath everytime I walk up the stairs! Having asthma is bad enough, but with the weight that I've put back on, I feel even worse :( But I know it will improve if I get my head down and back to where I was happier :)

I'm very much looking forward to not being out of breath everytime I walk up the stairs! Having asthma is bad enough, but with the weight that I've put back on, I feel even worse :( But I know it will improve if I get my head down and back to where I was happier :)

Yeah..... there are so many benefits and positives so i hope you will be happier again soon! Keep us posted on your progress - ive got a fair few threads going if you want to check out what's going on

Lee

Thought of another positive. Every so often, looking in the mirror and noticing that your body has changed. I do this probably once every half a stone I lose. All of a sudden it dawns on me that my face looks thinner or my back fat is disappearing (so sexy. Haha). Tonight it was the area at the bottom of my neck/between my shoulder blades. When I put weight on I get a kind of lumpy bit in that area that makes me look like I have bad posture, and I noticed it is disappearing!

I totally agree the difference and feeling is amazing. I think we should start uploading before and after pics, mine are on my other thread - my slimming world journey

I'd have to look for some before photos, I was always careful about which photos I kept and which ones I deleted haha. When I drop my first dress size I'll definitely be going shopping and taking some new pictures to spur me on :)

A lady I met on my first night and who I hadn't seen for around 10 weeks as she changed times didn't recognise me when I spoke to her last week. :D

Its so nice when you can see such a difference really helps your motivation - my pics are on my thread about my story of slimming world

Back