Possible newbie

weasey said:
Funny - I would have spent far more money on normal food than I would have spent on this diet!

Thats how I justified it :) so if/when I get some cash back, it's a bonus :) x

It's not that much to spend though given that you don't have to buy anything else. When I think of the amount I used to spend on crap and alcohol it's frightening! I've been on the diet since last August (with 3 breaks - I'm on a week's break now actually) and it's been fine. I've enjoyed the diet, lost loads of weight, and feel a million times better than I did when I started so it's all good. I've got 18lbs to go now to get to BMI 25. I started at BMI 40 so I've come quite a long way in health terms.

BordersGirl said:
It's not that much to spend though given that you don't have to buy anything else. When I think of the amount I used to spend on crap and alcohol it's frightening! I've been on the diet since last August (with 3 breaks - I'm on a week's break now actually) and it's been fine. I've enjoyed the diet, lost loads of weight, and feel a million times better than I did when I started so it's all good. I've got 18lbs to go now to get to BMI 25. I started at BMI 40 so I've come quite a long way in health terms.

That's great :) might need to pick your brain re breaks at some stage, as boyfriend is a coach driver, and likes to eat out when hes home(altho its not that often) he also owes me a belated valentines meal, so don't really want to be too restricted! Won't be for a month or so, as he's still away at the mo x

I tried to explain it like that too but normally I make all the same meals for me, hubby and 3 kids so it costs pretty much the same to feed 5 of us as it does to feed 4 so really I am adding an extra £25 a week on to the food bill :-/ but it'll be worth it. Especially when I explained to my hubby that i'llbe more confident in all areas when I lose weight!! ;-) wink wink!! Lol!!

You've done brilliantly BG!! x

yummum2be said:
I tried to explain it like that too but normally I make all the same meals for me, hubby and 3 kids so it costs pretty much the same to feed 5 of us as it does to feed 4 so really I am adding an extra £25 a week on to the food bill :-/ but it'll be worth it. Especially when I explained to my hubby that i'llbe more confident in all areas when I lose weight!! ;-) wink wink!! Lol!!

Ah - the bribery technique!

Why of course?! Ha ha! It did the trick ;-)

Just feel really impatient and want to start now but can't :-( Hopefully that's mean I'm full of gusto come Wednesday and truly on a mission

That should have said that'll mean! Stupid iPhone!

Hey hun i've just had my photo accepted too so it looks like we'll both be success stories ;-D
Hope you're feeling bit more positive today :)

yummum2be said:
Hey hun i've just had my photo accepted too so it looks like we'll both be success stories ;-D
Hope you're feeling bit more positive today :)

Yeah a little. Trying to get rid of all my food in my cupboard and my drawer in the fridge by Thursday, so planning to be eating random combinations to get it out of the way-also trying to eat up all carby stuff today and tomorrow as apparently it's easier if you reduce carbs prior to starting the plan! xx
Glad to hear you've had your pic accepted, it's quite an exciting prospect isn't it! Let's hope we can succeed! I see you're post count is now up to 28, keep going-only 22 more and you can Pm people lol xx

Good luck welshtigger for when you start.

That's what I was thinking too! Ha ha! But how do I comment on people's thread to get my count up without looking like a right loon?! :p

yummum2be said:
That's what I was thinking too! Ha ha! But how do I comment on people's thread to get my count up without looking like a right loon?! :p

You can post on the word games threads if u can -it's fun and a quick way to build them up x

Aha! Found it and participating!! ;-) x

On my phone so can't see how many posts I've got now but it still won't let me pm so assuming I'm still less than 50 :-/

Will pm you when I can though x

yummum2be said:
On my phone so can't see how many posts I've got now but it still won't let me pm so assuming I'm still less than 50 :-/

Will pm you when I can though x

You've got 51 now Hun, so at some point in about the next hour you'll be able to :) what phone do you use? Is it the iPhone app? x

Yes iPhone app but still can't message on here :-/

yummum2be said:
Yes iPhone app but still can't message on here :-/

If you click on the avatar square box by your name, each time you post, it'll take you to your profile and it'll tell you how many posts you've done :) xx have just pm'd u so u should be able to reply xx

Back