Possible Newby

Calkarima

Gonna do it this time
Hiya

I've been lurking for a couple of days so thought I would say hello. I'm probably going to be joining you in the next couple of weeks once I've been to see my doc and then visited a CDC. I wasn't sure which VLCD to do but since lurking and seeing results as well as taking into account the fact CD is much cheaper than the others think I've made the right decision.

I've got about 7.5 stone to lose but I think I am only going to do this until Christmas to break the back of it, see where my finances are then decide my next steps.

Anyway I've got a quick question. I've got a ton of slim fast in the cupboard, I've tried all 3 flavours of shakes and to be honest I don't like the taste of any of them, in fact they make me feel quite sick when I'm drinking them (I'm sure this is only me though). Do the shakes with CD taste the same or similar because I'm not sure I can do it if they do.

Another thing well done everyone you have all done so well, I'm amazed at your results.

C
x

some taste similar but there is loads of choice of different flavours
and soups

Hi Cal

No they dont taste like slim fast i dont think they fill u up much more then slimfast. Ive done slimfast in fact ive done nearly every diet going and this has to be the best ive ever done

Good Luck with your CD journey you wont regret it xxxxxxx

i found slimfast to be very sickly, i dont find that with cambridge. sure theres some flavours i dont like but because of the wide variety theres still plenty that i like. i add extra water to my shakes, personal taste and all that

good luck on your cd journey

Hi and welcome :0)

I think everyone is different with their tastes. There are some shakes that I absolutely hate which other people find delicious - and vice versa. It's a bit of trial and error at first.

I tend to stick mainly to the tetras (ready made shakes) as I prefer them to the powders, but from when I did it before, as long as you really shake the powders, they're ok. Then after two weeks you get to have a bar a day, which really helps.

I hope you'll be able to do it - it's great to get the weight off and by Christmas you'll have got rid of a massive chunk of it.
Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy but at the end of the day - when you achieve your goal it really will be worth it.

Let us know how you get on xx

Welcome,

I don't think you will regret doing this diet.

The shakes in my opinion are in a totally different league to the slimfast ones (they taste nice!!). I always look forward to my next one and there are so many flavours there is something for everyone. I have to admit the soups were'nt my thing, but its a personal thing, some love them, some hate them.

Give it a go, take one day at a time, I'm sure you will love it (I do!!!!)

Welcome onboard hun. I don't think they taste like Slimfast, I find SF very sweet and quite sickly. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Gx

I don't think they taste like SF either - and most CDC's will swap flavours you don't like - so try them and see what you think!

Hi - I lurked on the boards for a while before I decided to take the plunge. This is my first day and I admit to being a bit aprehensive in case I didn't like the shakes. I have tried 3 different flavours today and can honestly say that they were all good. I mixed them with loads of ice and filled a pint glass plus more. I am so glad that I decided to try this. :party0048:
Deb

i found slim fast sickly but the cd flavours most are nice plus some you can drink warm too so much more varity than sf, good luck hunni, and welcome.xx

Thanks everyone. I'm going to see my GP later this week, hopefully Friday and am going to see a CDC next week so will hopefully be starting the 4th of August. The day after my birthday so at least I can have a little bit of cake the night before (for the kids benefit of course). I'm actually really excited about it keep looking at clothes and thinking that by Easter I'll be able to wear them in a size 12 or 14.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Well done Calkarima, you wont regret it and I find looking at clothes to get into is always motivating!

Good luck with the docs and let us know how you get on with your CDC appointment and with your journey x

Back