Possible to do it alone?

SAM90

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the site so I apologise if i'm posting this is the wrong place. I started following the Slimming World diet again on Wednesday but am attempting to go it alone and just weigh myself in Boots every week. I was a member last year and lost 3 stones but fell away from the plan and inevitably put it all back on! I really like the diet, well as far as diets go, but since last year i've got rid of my car and don't have a way of getting to my local club as it's in a bit of an awkward place that isn't near the bus route. I'm also working to a much tighter budget this year. I'm worried about losing motivation as time goes on due to not attending the club and it being easier to stray from the plan as it's only me who'll see my weight every week. Does anyone have any experience of trying this or any advice? I've always used this site but just decided to join as i'm going it alone and figured I need all the motivation and support I can get lol! xxx

Hi Sam,

personally I enjoy the meetings and find them useful, but I understand your reasons for not being able to go.

You'll find others on here who go it alone too but really you're not alone as we're all here for you, like a big extended SW group :)

there's also daily weigh in threads so you can add to one of those for the day you're going to weigh, try a food or weight loss diary too then it helps you stay on track,

good luck hun
x

Yeah I like the classes too and find them really useful, it's a shame I can't go. Thanks for the advice I think that logging my weigh ins every week on here will help. xxx

Hey Sam,

I do it at home with my husband and don't go to group. Have been doing this for 2 and 1/2 months and have lost over 2 stones so yes you can do it alone.

You aren't alone, we'll all help you. You do kind of have the accountability of a meeting, like Kerry said, because it's like a big meeting here!
Best of luck this week :)

Back