Post baby dieting. What did you do?

boofaloo

Gold Member
Hey everyone,

I had my 4th (and final!!!:D) baby just 2 weeks ago and have got on the scales today.
I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and now just have the weight to lose that i already had before i got pregnant.
I have tried loads of different diets, with varying degrees of success but i think because i knew i would have another baby i never really put a lot of effort in!!
Anyway as this baby is definately my last i need to lose 4 stones of excess weight and need some ideas as to what to do to shift it.
I have done cambridge before but cant afford to go down that route. I have also done WW and slimming world but find going to meetings difficult as my husband works away a lot.
So if you have children - how did you lose your weight after your little one was born?
i'm not expecting it to drop off overnight and know it's still early days but i really want to have a plan of action!!!

Hi Helen, congrats on the new little one :) Are you breast feeding? If you are remember you'll have to consume extra cals if you are going to diet now. I lost 3 1/2 stone after I had my dd (number 3) with slimfast, found it quite easy to stick to and weight came off steadily. I wasn't breast feeding tho so could stick with the max 1340 cals a day, although you'd just need to eat some more if you were breast feeding. I got pregnant again, total surprise and of course stopped dieting (I was still 2 stones off goal), but unfortuantley had a miscarraige. I tried to get into the whole dieting thing again and did for a little while, but hit a plateau and gave up. My head just wasn't in the right place :( I put back on 2 stone, and I'm here again (still shifting baby weight lol, although my youngest is now 3 hehehe!). Started off on slimfast, and lost 2 stone this time, just moved over to juddd (alternate day diet) as hit that plateau again. Juddd is going brilliantly and really suiting me, going to get to goal this time :D

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, find a plan that fits in with your lifestyle and isn't too much of a change and challenge. Life is hectic enough with a baby anyway so finding something that is easy to stick to will be better for you and you're more likely to succeed. Lots of walking out with the pram is always a good way to get back in shape :D

Good luck hun x

Congrats on your new baby! I have two boys and the youngest is 4 months - Im doing atkins as I have no will power when it comes to calorie counting/ww, etc. I cant seem to stop at one biscuit -ever! its going really well so far.

Thank you for your replies. I'm mixing breast and formula milk at the moment but will be switching to formula completely in a couple of weeks.
I am going to have a good look into diets and see which one suits my lifestyle. my mum has given me some Weight watchers books so i could start doing that for now.
I'm not sure when to actually start - will have a chat to the Health visitor when she comes next week. I feel back to normal - apart from being exhausted but thats normal isnt it. :)

I feel back to normal - apart from being exhausted but thats normal isnt it. :)

Oh yes!!! Lol, they keep on wearing you out completely too, but we love them. Just get as much rest as you can, sleep when baby does, don't feel guilty about getting housework etc done, that can wait hun x

Ha just remembed this is number 4 for you, well the above goes out the window then lol lol lol! Fine if it's number one hahaha! I think you already know about surviving with NO sleep ;)

Back