Post your Xmas gain...

i wasnt fully on the slimming world plan before christmas was doing it half heartedly, but was so shocked at my gain 10 pounds argggh! thats from the 1st dec til the 1st jan, and it being christmas i really went for it knowing id be more strict with myself come january but still 10 pounds! it is deserved tho the amount of food i ate that was bad, including loads of cheese and crackers almost every night! Had 2 100% days tho so at least i know im on the right track, hoping for a big loss on monday fingers crossed!

Lucky you!! I had Weigh In the day after boxing day, and had done nothing but stuff my face for a whole week. I put on 6.5lbs :confused: I was gutted, but it was expected.

Anyway, had Weigh In again last night and was expecting another similar gain after lots more food & drink over New Year, and was astonished when I stood on the scales and had actually lost 0.5lb!! :eek:

Today is my start over day, and I'm treating it as if it's my first ever week on the plan - it's such a bonus to have had a loss last night, it's motivated me even more :)

I put on 6lbs from WI on 20th Dec to WI on 27th Dec GULP, I had put on 2lbs the week before so was well out of target (first time ever) but was determined to shift it. I did Success Express and ate loads of speedfoods, got weighed last night and had lost 7lbs (woo hoo). So I'm now bang on target, so pleased, thought I might of lost 3 - 4lbs as i have lost that on Success Express before so was over the moon with my 7lbs, thought it would have taken me weeks.
Next Christmas I wont be so over the top, it made me feel so rubbish and sluggish and my pants were tight, then I had to be so good to get it off. Moderation it is for me in the future. xxx Looby

Stayed the same and sooo pleased, 4 stones lost in 2011 and the final stone IS going to go by 6th March (fly out to Paphos on the 11th).

My WI day is a saturday which meant I went on crimbo eve and NYE and over the two weeks I lost 2lb. I couldn't bring myself to ease off even though I'm under my target. I really struggle with moderation and it's all or nothing for me so I counted everything that passed my lips!

All in all, over Xmas and New Year I've put on 6.5lb. This must stop now. Back on plan 100% from this morning onward!

Wow 3lb loss after new years is fantastic well done. Im dreading my first weigh in of 2012 back next monday

Well my plan over christmas was to be completely off plan as i had lost over 4stone and just wanted to eat, drink and be merry
Got weighed in the wed after christmas as had 3lb on
however on the fri i decided to try + get back on plan as i was fed up eating rubbish and was feeling pretty rubbish
i lost 2.5lb this week so i gained a 1/2lb over christmas 'shocked'

I agree with Becky. Moderation is not something I do naturally. I'm either on plan and stick to it, or, well, you know the story.....;)

Brilliant thread, sheer piggery on my part led to a good 7lb gain when I weighed between Christmas and New Year.

Weighed again yesterday and there was no change.

Like many others though, I found it difficult to stay discliplined during Christmas and I'm going all out now to get to target weight.

I'd do Christmas like that again and I have no regrets, it's only once a year and as long as I don't carry Christmas on into January and February there won't be a problem :)

Lost 2.5 of the 5lb gain at weight in today but I've only been back on plan for the last 3 days, 100% to target now :D

my weigh in for the last 3 weeks is tonight - i think its 10lb on! xxx

Dont worry Ellebear I'm weighing in the morning & I'm in the same boat!!! But hey, we took it off once so we can take it off again :)

+11lb between weigh in on 12 December and weigh in on 2 January!

It will vanish and I will reach my 10stone target soon!

I put on 2lbs over christmas and New year but as I hadn't been going to group since November I was 3lb lighter than the last time I weighed in.

I put on 6lbs from WI on 20th Dec to WI on 27th Dec GULP, I had put on 2lbs the week before so was well out of target (first time ever) but was determined to shift it. I did Success Express and ate loads of speedfoods, got weighed last night and had lost 7lbs (woo hoo). So I'm now bang on target, so pleased, thought I might of lost 3 - 4lbs as i have lost that on Success Express before so was over the moon with my 7lbs, thought it would have taken me weeks.
Next Christmas I wont be so over the top, it made me feel so rubbish and sluggish and my pants were tight, then I had to be so good to get it off. Moderation it is for me in the future. xxx Looby

i did success express after finding out i had gained 5 and a half pounds, i only had 5 days before my next weigh in cos i got weighed at a later group the week previous, i had new years eve drinking and a chinese and still lost 3 and a half pounds!! was well chuffed so am doing it this week aswell in the hope of getting another 3 off

sweet pink said:
Dont worry Ellebear I'm weighing in the morning & I'm in the same boat!!! But hey, we took it off once so we can take it off again :)

I gained 9lbs Over the three weeks I've missed :/

Back