evethewitch

Silver Member
1lb boiled potatoes
4oz flour
salt to taste

method
mash the potatoes well or put them through a ricer or seive
add the flour and salt
roll out thinlyon a floured boared prick with a fork cur into rounds cook quickly on a lightly greased heavy frying pan or griddle

got i got 12 so i make them about 1.5 syns and they are very nice :) enjoy

My sons love thier cooked brekfasts when they're home and love hash browns - this will fill a gap for me!

Going to try these with my grandchildren, always looking for recipes to try with them as they love to help, I think it's those childrens programes on TV

butter buds could be used in them to give the flavour but not quite the same as slapping the butter on hot pot scones
i used the buttery fry light when cooking them and so far we have managed to get threw 2 batches first ones were like mothers pride ones second were like warbaton pot cakes the kids love them

1lb boiled potatoes
4oz flour
salt to taste

method
mash the potatoes well or put them through a ricer or seive
add the flour and salt
roll out thinlyon a floured boared prick with a fork cur into rounds cook quickly on a lightly greased heavy frying pan or griddle

got i got 12 so i make them about 1.5 syns and they are very nice :) enjoy

Great idea!! Thanks hun!! OMG I can't believe how close you are to target!! You're doing so amazingly well!!X

Made these today, but only needed enough for me, so divided the recipe by 8 (using 1/2oz flour for 2.5 syns) and 2 oz potato.
They were really good, a nice change for potaoes

002-19.jpg

I wonder, do you think I'd be able to freeze these? I would make the whole recipe but then freeze some for future use?

I've just made some, since we're having a brunch fry up anyway, I actually got them down to 0.5 syns each! Ok so they're slightly smaller, but you can still have as many as you want to count syns for. I used the recipe above, but then made 10 balls of the mixture, then rolled them out and quartered them. so each ball (or 4 quarters) is 2 syns. I kept enough for us to have today out, and I've frozen the remaining balls so all I have to do is defrost, roll, cut and fry.

They were lovely, I rolled them up and dipped them in my egg...lol

Here was my breakfast.
breakfast.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got round to trying these this morning and they were so yummy - so simple but really delish. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Back