Potato!

I usually weigh before I cook to be sure. If it's baked then the 50g = 1pp rule wont work if you weigh after you've cooked.

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I am always confused by the pp in cooked potato. Unless you are cooking for one or having a jacket potato it's not practical to weigh it before. So is it 1pp for 50g cooked? x

If it's boiled then yes. If it's baked you can not use the 50g = 1pp rule. When you bake potatoes it evaporates the moisture from the potato (leaving it light and fluffy) so it'll _weigh_ lighter than it did when you put it in.

For example. I take a 200g uncooked potato. That is 200g = 4pp. If I bake this potato (wedges, chips, jacket potato, roast potato etc.) then it will come out weighing lighter than 200g (let's say it comes out at 150g for easiness). Even though it's lighter now, it's still a 4pp potato.

I always weigh before I cook my potatoes now.

azwethinkweiz said:
If it's boiled then yes. If it's baked you can not use the 50g = 1pp rule. When you bake potatoes it evaporates the moisture from the potato (leaving it light and fluffy) so it'll _weigh_ lighter than it did when you put it in.

For example. I take a 200g uncooked potato. That is 200g = 4pp. If I bake this potato (wedges, chips, jacket potato, roast potato etc.) then it will come out weighing lighter than 200g (let's say it comes out at 150g for easiness). Even though it's lighter now, it's still a 4pp potato.

I always weigh before I cook my potatoes now.

Ahhh, right thank you! It's easy enough to weigh potatoes before hand if I'm having a jacket or roast potatoes as I can position them in the oven so I know that they are mine!

Plus now I know I can use the 1pp for 50g of cooked (boiled)

Thanks for your help x

Ahhh, right thank you! It's easy enough to weigh potatoes before hand if I'm having a jacket or roast potatoes as I can position them in the oven so I know that they are mine!

Plus now I know I can use the 1pp for 50g of cooked (boiled)

Thanks for your help x

That's no probs hon. Fairly sure boiled potatoes new or old can still be pointed after they're cooked but if you want to be certain/cautious you can point beforehand. It can be awkward when cooking for multiple people but as long as you get it close enough, should be ok! :)

Back