Potatoes in oven points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Points' started by ClareyCakes, 29 September 2010 Social URL.

1. ClareyCakes

ClareyCakes SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember seeing a thread like this somewhere but I cannot find it now :(

I was wondering how many points are in homemade oven chips, should I par-boil them first?

Also to make roast potatoes I par boil then put in the oven, how many points would these be also please?

I use crisp and dry spray also but unsure of the points in it off the top of my head.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Monster Muncher

Monster Muncher Chubby Man

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.17%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I love home-made chips! Gorgeous!

To point them I just take 50g of potatoes as 1/2 point and then add the points for how much oil you use. 1 tablespoon is 2.5 points.

I never par boil mine, i just cut them up, stick them in a bowl with oil, and then add some salt, pepper, some herbs and then some paprila/curry powder before sticking them on some baking parchment and whacking them in the oven for 45 mins or so. I like mine crispy though so this way works for me!

4. ClareyCakes

ClareyCakes SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you very much. Going to do it this way for mini roast potatoes later on :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.