pounds / dress sizes

SunshineFlower

Having another go....
ok this has probably been asked many many times - but in your experience,

how many pounds = a dress size (up or down)

eg: if i am looking to go from a 14 to a 12, how much weight should i look to lose? (i know it will be different for everyone)

thank you x x x

I think it also depends on body type and also body composition i.e muscle vs. fat. Muscle is way more denser, and so takes up less room on your body as opposed to fat which just wobbles everywhere.

for me, healthy eating and exericse method, with a 10lb loss was two dress sizes... but i have more muscle so it takes up less room than fat

A dress size every 7lbs can't really be right or I'll be 2 sizes smaller than a size 6 when I reach goal. Even I think that's too small!!!

I would doubt it would be a dress size per 7lbs or I would have lost 11 dress sizes! I was an 18 to start with and I lost 5.5 stone and am most definitely not below a size 0. I am now a comfortable size 10.

I've normally found that its around 1 - 1.5 stone per dress size......but obviously it depends on how/where you carry your weight and i think how big you are makes a big difference too.......for example i'm a size 30 and i bet theres far more leeway in larger clothes than there is in smaller clothes as smaller clothes tend to be more fitted than the shapeless things i wear :)

Back