Power Plate

Aurora

Has anyone got a Power Plate or used one at the gym?

It is an exercise machine you stand on which is said to tone and strengthen muscles and bones, help you lose weight, get rid of cellulite and do everything else apart from make the coffee!

had a trial at my gym, felt really weird, will use it when i get back in the gym.

you could do a work out in next to no time.

Good luck

Thanks for that Supergran.

I have heard that it is an amazing machine and am vaguely thinking of buying one.

What confuses me is that the price range seem to vary from £129 to £10.000.

I am certainly not thinking of buying in the latter price bracket but would a (much!) cheaper one be a waste of money?

That's a great article - thanks for posting - sounds good if we could find somewhere to use it and pay per visit!

Thanks KD.

I am a sucker for advertising hype and wondered if it was just another useless gadget.

It does sound as though it could work.

I am just worried about my fillings! :D

Has anyone actually bought one?

apparently there are a few in belfast, according to my local paper in vidio stores ( we have tanning booths in some vidio stores ) and you pay for 6 minutes

My CDC told me about this last night but i actually enjoy exercise so to me it'd feel like cheating unless i could do both lol

ooooh well hopefully my gym will have one after their refit has anyone tried it yet to see what it's like?

I am certainly not thinking of buying in the latter price bracket but would a (much!) cheaper one be a waste of money?

It depends on why you are buying it. They're great machines when used as part of your workout, but they're not a replacement. What are you hoping it will do for you?

Hi Kate,

I have a Pilates Aero machine with a cardio board and was vaguely thinking about the Power Plate for toning and improving bone density and muscle strength.

I just wonder whether it will do much more than Pilates?

i might try it, sure it cant hurt to try and see what the results are
i swim twice a week and have a lateral thigh trainer and an ab king at home although ive not used them recently due to just starting ss 9 days ago so dont wont to over do it and keel over

Hi Claire,

I will be interested to hear your views. I am so lacking in energy at the moment that I am doing very little exercise.

The Power Plate looks as though it takes out the effort but I am probably wrong about that!

I have a powerplate machine.

First time I got on it after putting it together it made me feel sick, motion sickness type of thing.

Not used it properly yet but will be doing so soon.

Thanks CDC.

I am sure I am not the only one who will be waiting to hear how you are getting on with it.

When I first used my Pilates machine, the movement made me feel a bit sick but I very quickly got used to it. Hope the same happens for you.

Back