Prayers And Positive Thoughts Needed Please

hi mrs d...

thinking and praying for andrew, will keep him in my thoughts

xxxx

Thanks mommyB, Taz, Sherby, MissusB and Rach. (((((((( ))))))))

Hello Irene, I was just coming on to let you all know. :D Very very good news, Andrew is doing very well, the op to save his legs seems to be having the desired effect although they're still being cautious obviously.

Lynn says he's been allowed to sit in a chair at his bedside today and was very happy to get out of the bed, even though it wore him out pretty quickly. By all accounts he's still able to flirt with the nurses, it shows he's feeling positive enough in himself I think. :D

I know Lynn has posted some of Andrew's photos up on Facebook but I don't know how I can get hold of hem for you all to see, any ideas anyone? :confused:

One of Lynn's relatives has come up with the idea of sending stuff over to the soldiers via some sort of shoebox appeal, although they can't use that one because it's only for children. They've asked their local Church and are writing to various businesses to see if they can help with donations etc, but even if they get no's from everyone they're so determined to help that I don't think it will stop them lol!! :D

that is great news carol :) im sorry im not able to help on the facebook issue! you prob know more about FB than i even do :giggle::giggle: i just never grasped it!

I've been speaking to Lynn again today and she told me that Andrew is coming along in leaps and bounds! :D He's even been on at her to come and visit him but she was told to stay away due to the high risk of infection.

He'll have to wait a couple of weeks to find out whether they have managed to save his leg, but everything is looking promising so far and he has youth and strength in his favour.:D

His doctors are still amazed that he wasn't blown to pieces by the bomb and he just keeps telling them it was because his mum was watching over him. :D

Oh and he's even been spending time on FB so that's a good sign lol!

I've just found this thread. I'm soooooo glad he's making a good recovery Mrs D. I've been watching Ross Kemp in Afghanistan and a lad this week stepped on a mine and died instantly. It just goes to show how lucky he really was to have got away with his life and hopefully both legs. I hope his recovery is fast and complete.

Thanks Shaz, yeah Andrew was really lucky, the doctors are constantly amazed with him and at the fact that he wasn't killed instantly too! He truly believes that his mum was watching over him and I think that's how he's managing to recover so well, that positive belief and attitude is helping him along. :D:D

am really pleased he's recovering well! such good news xxx

Back