Pre Packed Chicken

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by skinnyminnycow, 30 September 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Half a pound at a time.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Ive asked this in a reply to another person, however going to ask it in my own post.

What pre packed chicken are you guys buying? Where from and what brands?

A lot of the chicken i am looking at contains pea/potato starch, or salt, or sugar or reformed etc etc. Seems really hard to just find good chicken not messed with anything! :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I tend to buy and cook whole chickens to eat cold - it's cheaper and it avoid all the extras you mention.

4. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I buy frozen chicken breasts. They have packs of 6 for £3.99 at Morrisons. I defrost a couple at a time and cook them on the lean mean fat reducing grilling machine. I leave them to cool and slice them to take into work for my lunch. Not much effort if I do this when cooking dinner and sooo much cheaper than buying the pre-packaged stuff. Hope that helps :)

5. skinnyminnycow

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Ah so people don't actually buy them. Im not seeing a big result as i expected to on the scales. Im on day 4 and lost 2lbs. I think its something to do with the pre packed ham and chicken i was eating. Bit disheartening really :(
    This diet is harder than i realised!

6. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It never really occured to me to buy pre packaged chicken to be honest. It's just so expensive, especially when chicken is a staple food on this diet. Were you buying it for the convenience to snack on?

I think the general advice would be to avoid pre prepared meats altogether whether it's chicken or ham, to avoid the nasties you mentioned and excessive salt.

7. skinnyminnycow

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Yeah i was buying as a snack. Or lunches. I am going to start buying whole chickens and eating it that way :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.