Pregancy Has Landed!

Alia

Silver Member
:wave_cry: Hello Peeps

Sorry I've not been posting that much recently but I finally know I'm pregant and I'm not liking it at all :cry:

I'm feeling sick constantly although I'm not being sick and I think that is worse cause I know when I feel sick and I am sick I feel better. I've got no energy at all, I've no motivation to do anything bcause I'm feeling so poorly. My skin is itching so badly and that is driving me mental - someone suggested I take antihistamines but I'm not sure if you can in pregnancy although they do. I can't sleep at night which does n't help with my tiredness so all in all everything is fantastic.

I've had 3 days off plan, not done anything really crazy, no chocolate etc just eating a few too many healthy extras and I had a prawn salad from Tesco yesterday, the one with mayonniase on it lol. Couple of icecreams etc but my weight is still down a few pounds.

Anyways missing you all and hope everyone is feeling great and the pounds are still melting - I'm still lurking and hopefully once I start to feel better, if I do, cause this is normal for me till the baby is delivered, I'll be back to my cheerful self.

I really do want to try to fight against feeling so bad though cause with my last pregnancy I was so ill I stayed on the sofa for 7 months, did n't do anything, go anywhere or talk to any one unless I really had to. Would n't even answser the door unless I had to and was a total hermit. I don't want to go there again but it is really hard when you are feeling so rubbish and everything you do is such an effort.

Alia x

Hey, good to hear from you, hope you feel better soon m'dear!!!

Cogratulations and commiserations. You should get your itching checked if you are further on than 12 weeks and have no associated rash as this can be a side effect of your pregnancy. Try and find foods to eat which are less acidic so if you do vomit it doesn't sting and burn so much. I found weetabix good for this as is ice cream. Eating little and often may help. Things that soak up the gastric juices like digestive biscuits and white bread is also good. Best of luck

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly Alia. Pregnancy can be such a joyful and blessed time, but the side effects that come with it are anything but. I do hope your symptoms fade away as you progress into the pregnancy and start to feel better soon. I would also get the itching checked, this can be because of a few things but worth getting it tested. Keep in touch with us on minimins x

I suffered terribly with itching with my last pregnacy - so bad I used to make myself bleed scratching away!!

After several different creams from the doctor I eventually got one that worked quite well - so please go & speak to your doctor!

Also it will be worth letting your MW know how low you feel, just so she can monitor you a little more.

So sorry your feeling so rubbish x x

This is on the slimming world facebook site:
A big breakfast makes for a bouncing baby!Research has found that choline, found in egg yolks is essential for the healthy development of unborn babies. Make your baby-boom breakfast even heathier Food Optimising style - mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs (scrambled, poached or fried in Fry Light) and baked beans. Healthy and hearty!

Congratulations :) hope the side effects calm down for you soon though :( x

I was also thinking about you and wondered how you were,sorry to hear your feeling so sick.take care hun and hope it eases soon. :)x

Please please see a MW about your itching.

I really don't want to scare you but it can be a symptom of something called choleostasis which will need to be checked out. Another symptom of this is nausea.

BBC - Health: Obstetric cholestasis

I'm sorry if this causes you to worry but I'd rather frighten you to get it checked than say nothing and then you be really ill.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hayley

Congratualtions on the pregnancy, and I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling too good. How far gone are you?

Yes, as the other girls have suggested, get the itching checked out! As for the nausea, I had that in my first pregnancy and found that ginger biscuits helped. I also found that as soon as I felt it coming on, eating made it go away. And prawns and mayo Missy, are you sure? ;) Is that not on the list of no no's anymore? (not that I was a great believer sticking to what was allowed and not allowed, the lists changed in the three years between my two pregnancies!)

Congratualtions on the pregnancy, and I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling too good. How far gone are you?

Yes, as the other girls have suggested, get the itching checked out! As for the nausea, I had that in my first pregnancy and found that ginger biscuits helped. I also found that as soon as I felt it coming on, eating made it go away. And prawns and mayo Missy, are you sure? ;) Is that not on the list of no no's anymore? (not that I was a great believer sticking to what was allowed and not allowed, the lists changed in the three years between my two pregnancies!)

Oh my I had n't even thought about it - you are right, well as far as I know yes, mayonnaise is banned!! I have to remember all those things again, hmmmm cream cheese is out too, I'm sure someone said chocolate is banned during pregnancy LOL would help alot if was would n't :cool::cool:

When I was pregnant I went right off chocolate for about 2 months. Ended in an MC so I could do with getting preg again to see if it makes me go off it again (lol) :D

Back