pregnancy weight loss challenge!

MissSlinky2011

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

After many of us saying we want to lose weight I thought it would be good for us to have a challenge thread! This thread is for those wanting to lose weight who have been approved by their midwife to lose weight - this is a weight loss challange thread it is for us all to encourage each other in our weight loss during our pregnancy. Thats all their is to it.

If we all say how many lbs we want to lose in how many weeks and what day you weigh in.

SO

14lbs in 10 weeks is my goal.

I'm a Monday weigher.

I'm going to do a countdown in my signature :D

X x x

Last edited:
Oh, I want to lose 7lb's in 6 weeks, I wi on a Friday, I'm setting myself just a little challenge for now as I'm already 24 weeks and soon baby will start putting on weight too.
Good luck ladies x

Ok guys having almost reached the 14s b4 Christmas I'm shamed to say I'm 16 6 again so I would love to lose a stone - ideally 1st 6 however I'm 20weeks therefore think that may be a bit over ambitious for now!!!

But this thread should definitely help!

I weigh in on a thurs :0)

Gap also have a huge sale on with some lovely outfits from £5! But personally I'm dying to get to asda for a nosey after my mother in law bought us a few outfits- so cute and great quality!

Vm019 said:
Gap also have a huge sale on with some lovely outfits from £5! But personally I'm dying to get to asda for a nosey after my mother in law bought us a few outfits- so cute and great quality!

Sorry, posted in the wrong place!

Found it at last! I want to lose 1 stone to get me into the 14's. Ideally i would like to do this in the next 11 weeks but to be honest wouldn't mind if it was just before i give birth.

I weigh in on a Monday morning.

I ate 10 mcdonalds chicken nuggets this evening so starting tomorrow!!

Good luck ladies xxx

Vm019 said:
Ok guys having almost reached the 14s b4 Christmas I'm shamed to say I'm 16 6 again so I would love to lose a stone - ideally 1st 6 however I'm 20weeks therefore think that may be a bit over ambitious for now!!!

But this thread should definitely help!

I weigh in on a thurs :0)

I'm so similar to you, I'm currently 16.2 at last wi, I got to 14.4 until a couple months before my wedding started putting on then I was 7 weeks pregnant on my wedding day and weighed 15.5 at my booking appointment x

I just want to STS if I possibly can, really dont like the thought of losing significant weight in pregnancy it can be really dangerous if not careful, so far I've put 5lbs on and I'll be 30 weeks on Friday! I wouldn't like to gain more than another 10-15lbs if I can help it! If I gain 15lbs that means after I've given birth I'll only be about half a stone over pre preg weight and that should shift in no time!

In 10 weeks I will be 25 weeks so almost 6 months so if I can lose a stone by the time I'm 6 months then sts through the 3rd trimester I will be over the moon!

X x x

I'll prob fail miserably, as I'm not going to do anything to much to lose weight, just when I'm hungry try and eat something healthy instead of chocolate or Crisp's x

Just remember girls though you do lose about a stone when you give birth, and also remember that when you are putting weight on some of it is the weight of the baby, blood, waters, placenta and your boobs for bf etc so it's not 'fat' you are putting on, even if you just STS you are stil losing fat to do that because other things are adding on at the same time x

mrs-s said:
Just remember girls though you do lose about a stone when you give birth, and also remember that when you are putting weight on some of it is the weight of the baby, blood, waters, placenta and your boobs for bf etc so it's not 'fat' you are putting on, even if you just STS you are stil losing fat to do that because other things are adding on at the same time x

Yeah I agree, although my weight is driving me mad at the end of the day I knew I'd put on a fair bit and I still got pregnant, a healthy baby is more important and the worst that can happen is I pile it on and then have to work harder to get it off after birth however 2 children under 2 is sure to keep me fit x

It's perfectly plausible and healthy to lose weight during pregnancy when your overweight it means you will have less complications during labour and it has no dangers at all as long as your midwife has agreed it is ok for you to lose weight. After all this is a weight loss challenge thread it was started so that those of us who DO want to lose weight have somewhere to have a bit of banter and competition to keep us in the mood - if you don't want to lose weight that's fine but can we keep the thread to its original intention which was a weight loss challenge! It's supposed to be a fun bit of competition - we all know you lose weight when you give birth but for someone like me who is 16 stone 7 I could lose 3 stone during pregnancy if I could and it would do no harm to my baby AND I would still lose weight after giving birth and still be overweight!

X x x

I fully intended on participating in this challenge, however I think it's best if I leave this thread now.
Good luck everyone on your pregnancy and weight loss journeys

In sorry of my post offended you, I just found it a little upsetting that someone said that weight loss can be dangerous during pregnancy which is bot true - its a weight loss challenge thread the aim is to lose weight!

I hope you change your mind and stay

X x x

How's everyone doing today?

I'm going shopping later for wholemeal bread, bananas and apples ... I think the ones I have in are old lol.

I've had so far

2 pieces if ww bread one with a cheese slice and one with lemoncurd (1 syn)

A Muller light and an Apple.

Not sure what I'm going to have for lunch yet but I've got another hex B and like an A and a half lol.

I'm doing chicken and Bacon pie for tea 3 syns yummy!

X x x

Back