pregnancy weight loss challenge!

MissSlinky2011 said:
In sorry of my post offended you, I just found it a little upsetting that someone said that weight loss can be dangerous during pregnancy which is bot true - its a weight loss challenge thread the aim is to lose weight!

I hope you change your mind and stay

X x x

It is true actually, I weigh nearly 15st now and I've been shouted at by the midwife for having ketones in my wee which is what you get when your body is burning fat, she said and I have read elsewhere that this can be harmful to your baby as you are in starvation mode your body will try to look after itself rather than baby, there's no need to be rude, what I wrote was trying to be positive, this is a public forum and people's opinions on things will differ to yours, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should make people feel unwelcome.
Good luck in your weightless and hope you have a healthy pregnancy.

mrs-s said:
It is true actually, I weigh nearly 15st now and I've been shouted at by the midwife for having ketones in my wee which is what you get when your body is burning fat, she said and I have read elsewhere that this can be harmful to your baby as you are in starvation mode your body will try to look after itself rather than baby, there's no need to be rude, what I wrote was trying to be positive, this is a public forum and people's opinions on things will differ to yours, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should make people feel unwelcome.
Good luck in your weightless and hope you have a healthy pregnancy.

My point is why come on a thread that is titled weight loss challenge when you don't agree with losing weight! If you don't agree with it don't read the thread I don't go off into the vlcd forums telling them I don't agree with their diet choice because its their choice and none of my business! We want to lose weight we've all been told slimming world is a perfectly healthy way to do it by our midwifes so why not just leave us all to it?

I came in to join in the thread I just said my aim was to STS not lose weight, could I not still join in with the motivational side doing that then? What I wrote was meant to be positive as in, don't worry if you do put some weight on or struggle because it's not all fat, no need for such a bad and negative attitude towards other members.

mrs-s said:
I came in to join in the thread I just said my aim was to STS not lose weight, could I not still join in with the motivational side doing that then? What I wrote was meant to be positive as in, don't worry if you do put some weight on or struggle because it's not all fat, no need for such a bad and negative attitude towards other members.

It's just it felt a bit like you were being condescending towards us who do want to lose weight its our choice and you should respect that. The weight you lose during pregnancy is fat that's the point nothing happens to the babies size or the fluid or the blood it doesn't effect that.

An anorexic woman recently was in the news for dropping down to 6 stone while pregnant and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy 7 lb baby. So I'm not going to worry about my 16 stone butt wanting to lose a stone lol.

Last edited:
I wasn't being condescending at all, not everyone is aware especially people who havnt been pregnant before (I know I wasn't) of just how much everything can add up and how much you do lose after birth,
I also did say 'if you're not careful' so if you've spoken to a professional and been given the all clear to lose weight in pregnancy than obviously that's fine for you to do, and you have been sensible about it,
All I can speak for is my own experience and I have been told it isn't good to lose lots of weight in pregnancy, I'm not talking about a few pounds or even a stone or whatever, I lost 16lbs in first tri due to hyperemesis and all the focus was to stop me losing weight and was even told to up my calories early because of the weight I'd lost, my bmi was 28.3 then so wasn't like I was wasting away. So from my experience losing lots of weight in pregnancy is a bad thing, I am still a participating Member of this forum because I am trying to keep control of my weight gain, I know for a fact there are other girls in here too that are doing the same and we all comment on all the threads not just our own. I felt I had something to add to this thread but obviously I am not welcome.

[QUOTE="]

An anorexic woman recently was in the news for dropping down to 6 stone while pregnant and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy 7 lb baby. So I'm not going to worry about my 16 stone butt wanting to lose a stone lol.[/QUOTE]

Great but that's still an extremely stupid and thing for that woman to do, and she's lucky her baby was healthy.

No wonder you had ketones in your system with hyperemisis, you do know its also a sign of dehydration?

I suffered hyperemisis and almost ended up on a drip but the ketones were due to dehydration and not weight loss.

Your welcome to stay but I don't think its fair for you to make negative comments about weight loss in a weight loss thread!

mrs-s said:
[QUOTE="]

An anorexic woman recently was in the news for dropping down to 6 stone while pregnant and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy 7 lb baby. So I'm not going to worry about my 16 stone butt wanting to lose a stone lol.

Great but that's still an extremely stupid and thing for that woman to do, and she's lucky her baby was healthy.[/QUOTE]

Of course it was stupid but anorexia is an illness and its the people around her to blame for not getting her help but the point I'm making with that is losing weight won't stop any of us having a healthy baby and it will definitely help us during labour.

Ive had ketones at my 25 week appointment and was in trouble then for it I drink loads so that was nothing to do with being dehydrated,
I'm not being negative at all I'm just saying what I've been personally advised, if other people want to lose weight then that's upto them, and I support their decision, I've been posting on here since September and I don't think I've ever been negative towards somebody for losing weight as long as it's sensibly. Iv tried to give advice and be supportive to other members as best I can based on what I know.

Let's just draw a line under this conversation.

This is a weight loss thread, we are all in this thread because we want to lose weight during pregnancy.

That's all there is to it!

Let's get back to what this thread was created for a fun and competitive atmosphere in which we can encourage each other to stay on track and lose weight :)

X x X

I think the idea on this forum is to help each other along I was bit offended with your post Im 35 wks and only gained 3lb which I think is pretty good. I was only offering advice where Im more further along and tried to eat healthy in pregnancy so I could keep weight gain low to be healthy for my section but if I started to lose alot of weight now it would be harmful to my baby thats why I put sts and I know from my first pregnancy I lost alot of weight without trying and it did affect my babys growth especially in last trimester I was told to up my calories my baby wasn't growing properly, fluid level was low and my blood pressure was high so was induced early and they expected my baby to go into special care so it was really scary at the time.
I wish you all luck with your goals and a healthy pregnancy.

Cas3 said:
I think the idea on this forum is to help each other along I was bit offended with your post Im 35 wks and only gained 3lb which I think is pretty good. I was only offering advice where Im more further along and tried to eat healthy in pregnancy so I could keep weight gain low to be healthy for my section but if I started to lose alot of weight now it would be harmful to my baby thats why I put sts and I know from my first pregnancy I lost alot of weight without trying and it did affect my babys growth especially in last trimester I was told to up my calories my baby wasn't growing properly, fluid level was low and my blood pressure was high so was induced early and they expected my baby to go into special care so it was really scary at the time.
I wish you all luck with your goals and a healthy pregnancy.

All of us wanting to lose weight are only early on in second trimester and all of us have said we want to sts in the third.

I don't understand how it can be missed that this is a weight loss challenge thread! When I hit the third trimester I won't be posting in this thread anymore, it will be for the next lot of pregnant women who want to lose while they can Tbh I would have started a new one for people sts...ING when that's what I was doing because there are so many of us at a similar stage who want to do the same thing.

God don't you just wish sometimes you could delete a thread when it seems the point of that thread has been missed!

Hey MissSlinky i'm glad you can't delete threads as i am really looking forward to participating in this thread as i try and shift a few pounds!

I did a lot of research before joining slimming world about losing weight whilst pregnant. Although i found mixed personal opinions the studies and info etc were all very positive and stated that only good could come of eating a healthy, varied diet such as slimming world. As slimming world only tries to teach healthy eating habits not calorie restriction i think all pregnant women whether plus size or not could benefit from this healthy eating plan. I know without doing slimming world there is no way i would be eating as much fruit and veg!

Hope everyone has had a great day! My first day of "healthy eating" has been a disaster after a trip to pizza hut buffet! Although i did a visit to the salad bar to make myself feel better!

Mmm pizza hut! My nearest one is 45 miles :( lol

I've had a good day apart from the Crumpets with lemon curd that jumped into my belly at 3pm lol

Just had my homemade chicken Bacon and mushroom pie - 3 syns it was really nice!

I'm still inside my 20 syns for the day and I've got a hexb left lol

X x x

Ok so today hasn't started great lol I've had half a pack of munchies - 6 syns

I've also had 2 munchies bunch yogurt so god knows how many syns they are!

X x x

I am having terrible days babe I had to freeze my gym membership too I gave done well untill 23 weeks lol I have frozen it for 6 months as il b having a c section too so body needs to recover after

I've been getting away with sts and losing with the odd gain so I've list overall and I'm 15 weeks today but my luck will run out soon and I will start having massive gains if I'm not careful lol

X x x

Hello

Can I join too i want to lose 12 in 16wks. Im now 24wks but need to be healthy and stop with the toffee crisps. Oh and before I go I suffer bad joints so either losing or sts would help lucky baby craving veg a lot

Claire

Last edited:
Back