Pregnant and trying to loose!

Hello ladies, I am so glad I found you!

I am so down (about something so stupid) that I was about to sink my teeth into a rather large piece of carrot cake!!

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I joined Slimming World 3 weeks ago, I had no idea I was preggers then.

Since joining my weight has been going very slowly and now I now I am pregnant I know why and that's fine but....

After a great week of following all green as it the only type of food that doesn't make me feel sick I gained 2lbs! My consultant has told me that its all due to water retention and that I shouldn't worry. I'll see the loss n my clothes but I feel so down about it and I know its silly.

I only want to get a stone off, this will take me to my weight just before my 7 month old was born and I will worry about the rest later.

Any one else going through the same thing? Is there anything I can do to help myself?

Many thanks, Alex xx

Hi im kinda in the same boat but im not following slimming world, just healthy eating and walking...when its not raining!! im trying not to gain too much, with my first i gained around 4stone!! eek!!

Anyways i just wanted to say Hi! and good luck with your weight loss and pregnancy x x

Hiya, there are a few of us who are trying to lose or gain slowly through our pregnancies. Do try not to worry, it is probably only water retention. :)

Good luck x

Congratulations on being pregnant :)

In my first few weeks my weight went up and down like a yo-yo. My first week I put on 4lb and suddenly worried that I'd be putting on 4lb a week! I've just stuck to healthy eating as much as possible (haven't done much exercise and not had the energy) and I'm now on week 13 and weigh the same as at the start. I still get/feel bloated at times and my waist is a couple of inches bigger since about week 3.#

I'm hoping to try and stay the same weight or at least only put on a stone max if I can.

If you're sticking to healthy eating and getting in any exercise you can (whilst feeling sick and fatigued!) then I wouldn't worry too much about the odd pound or two (remember, a litre of water weigh 2.2lbs, so if you've had a lot of water to drink and it's still in your system you'll see the weight on the scales!).

Congratulations, I struggled with trying any sort of 'diet' until I was 10 weeks because I had terrible nausea that was made worse by an empty stomach, but I couldn't face anything 'healthy' then that dissapeared when I hit 10 weeks and I knew I had to do something so have stuck to healthy eating, smaller portions etc. I am now 19 weeks and have lost 13lbs over the last 9 weeks. Don't fret weight can be controlled during pregnancy but your body does wild things up until 12 weeks so I would carry on what you are doing and try not to worry too much until after the first trimester when your body starts to settle down a bit due to hormones stabilising etc.

Back