Pregnant but still want to lose weight! x

Silver Lady

Someday Soon i hope x
On friday I found out i was pregnant only early about 4 -5 weeks a little worried because last time i misscarried. I want to know how to follow a low calorie diet while being pregnant, I have 3st to lose and would really like to still lose weight while pregnant, the 3st if i can but i need to do this the healthiest way possible, Please help if you can x :)

I would speak with your midwife or doctor to check this is advisable first,
However I think when pregnant the extra calories you need per day is 300,
So I would work out what calories you need per day for yourself , - even if you were to follow a healthy sensible eating plan with lots of light exercise , walking, swimming ,
Reducing processed carbs is a good start, - bread, cakes, biscuits, surgery cereals
Write down everything you eat , - this will give you a good indication as to what changes you can make ,
I wouldn’t do anything drastic especially being pregnant and having suffered a miscarriage before

Ps: Congrats on your good baby news wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

I am no expert but I know they don't recommend trying to lose weight whilst pregnant. People do tho but I wouldn't go to extreme.

I al doing slimming world but also being aware of calories as well. SW food plus fair bit pg naughties.

I calculated the "maintain" calori

Whoops my phone has mind of its own. I calculated maintain calories as 1700 and add 300 onto it.

Usually I have 2000 or a bit less, but other days I have a bit more. The 300 extra cals tho isn't til 2nd trimester so recommend just having ur maintain cals.

They say a.non pregnant person shouldn't have less that 1200 a day. I wouldn't have less than 1500 being pregnant.

It's wired if I have a good day b say 1600/1700 I wake up starved! Baby needs more. Yest I had awful day at work and are lot of chocolate.but today I are lot less. Am sure ur body just regulates itself.

I am 34 weeks tomorrow, not lost weight but only put on 8lbs do far and I still can fit on my normal jeans and button them up, some things are actually baggier and I can see I have lost weight in other places and just gained on my bump,

You should eat extra but only in 3rd tri and only 300cals extra I try to stick to 2000-2300 a day but don't always get up to that, would definitely agree with at least 1500 a day though,
The way my weight gain is going I will be around the same weight as when I got pregnant after I've had baby which is good enough for me,
The thing to remember is not to starve yourself because if your hungry then it's because baby is, just try to eat as healthily as you can but if you want a treat don't beat yourself up about it because you have all the time after you've had baby to get your dream body, it's okay to indulge and enjoy sometimes xx

Silver Lady said:

Hehe bump...

I did SW whilst pregnant that way u're still getting a balanced diet. I think SW is one of the only diets midwives recommend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My doc gave me a number of calories that I should eat, cause I gained too much while I was pregnant. I found dieting while pregnant impossible. Good Luck to you!!!

Siqua said:
My doc gave me a number of calories that I should eat, cause I gained too much while I was pregnant. I found dieting while pregnant impossible. Good Luck to you!!!

How many calories did he say?

geordie_lass21 said:
How many calories did he say?

I've stuck to 2000-2300 a day and only put 7lbs on, I'm 36 weeks on Friday and my baby is estimated to weigh over 6lbs at this point. X

Back