pregnant, overweight i will do this!!

uglyducklin85

Hi everyone! firstly just want to say a huge thank you to everyone on this sw forum i have found it so inspiring and its really given me a kick up the bum :)

So i wanted to start my own diary to help keep me on track so here goes!

A little bit about me: My name is Sara, Im 26 years old, 18 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child, i weigh 22 stone 8-1/2 pound and i have never felt so determined to lose weight as i have done this past 8-9 months (back then at my biggest i was 26 stone 8 pound) its taken a fair while to lose that but i feel much healthier.

Well i have roughly 4 months to get even healthier, my midwife is happy for me to continue to lose weight whilst im pregnant so i am going to try my best to shift as much as i can healthily!

i started back properly yesterday and i was 100% all day and felt so much better when i woke up this morning :)

I have read so many inspiring threads on here and everyone seems so friendly and supportive, something i never felt at my sw group so im doing this from home ;)

Well if you have read this than thank you, and good luck on your weight loss journey too xx

Yesterdays food diary!

I will be following the green plan as im really not keen on meat.

BREAKFAST: 30g all bran (hexb) with semi milk (hexa)

LUNCH: bathelors beef savoury rice with added onion and mushrooms, mullerlight yoghurt.

DINNER: homemade sw potato and mushroom curry with rice,
mullerlight coconut yoghurt.

SNACKS: sweet and sour noodle mugshot and a banana.

SYNS: 0

Not drinking enough water, so my aim today is to drink at least 5 glasses.

well done you for losing all that weight, and good luck for your journey ahead. I'm a serial browser of this forum but on my own journey too and i love this place :D.....oh and, congrats on the baby!

Good start, but make sure you're having all your Healthy Extras and having at least 5 Syns a day.

Thank you for the replies :) good luck on your journeys too x

FOOD DIARY FOR TODAY:

BREAKFAST: 30g all bran (hexb) semi skimmed milk (hexa)

LUNCH: rice with mixed veg.

SNACK: 1 slice of white bread (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and half a tsp of pickle (1 syn)

DINNER: 2 meatfree sauages (8 syns) 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans and jacket potato.

SNACK: mullerlight :)

SYNS: 9

Still not drinking enough water!

waw, what a fantastic weight losss, congratulations. Also congratulations on the baby. Iv also just come back to SW this is my 3rd day and im 30 weeks pregnant with my first. Iv got to say I realy envy your motivation, my intention was to stick to plan through out and I did loose a stone in my first trinmester, but at about 11 week I started with realy bad food aversions and bad craving. Also had bleeding so was on bed rest and had to rely on OH for my meals and lets just say hes no Gordon Ramsy. I was doing well just health eating, but old habbits have come back and iv not put that stone back on that I lost and almost a stone besides, which is no good so iv come back. I would hope to loose a few lbs to be honest, but if I stay the same I wont be too demotivated. Im also not drinking anyware enough water...I cant stay off the loo to start with

Congratulations hun, do you know if your having a boy or a girl or are you keeping it as a surprise? i am hoping to find out on the 20th of this month not long to wait now :) sorry to hear you experienced bleeding that must have been terrifing :( i hope everything is going well now x

I really can't afford to put on any weight in this pregnancy andd the thought of getting bigger and then having the mammoth task of losing it all again after terrifies me to be honest so thats the only thing keeping me going.

You can do this just try not to deprieve your self of anything if you fancy something just have it and syn it thats what im going to do :D

If you want a slimming/pregnancy buddy you know where i am, we could help keep each other motivated :)

Good luck hun xx

Were having a boy. Calling him Axl Gordon Collier, Gordon after my dad. The bleedings all stopped now, but when it happed it scared the hell out of me, dont think I will ever forget balling my eyes out in A&E or the feeling that id never even get to meet him (or her at the time) .Bet you cant wait for your scan? Are you going to find out what your having? I know what you mean about the baby weight being terryfiying, its scared the crap out of me as well and thats whats made me come back. Iv read that baby related weight is anyware from 26-35lb, the rest is just our fat..Iv put on 26.5.. and dont want to miss preciouse moments with my newborn just becouse im so depressed about all the baby weight I have to loose and then the weight on top of that as well. Also, iv alwys been over weight, even as a kid and iv said Axl is not going to have that problem, hes going to eat healthly and hear I am suvalling **** down him before hes even born...not good.

Id love a pregnancy/slimming Buddy, its a great idea and will help keep us both motivated...Beware, consider yourself stalkered....

Were having a boy. Calling him Axl Gordon Collier, Gordon after my dad. The bleedings all stopped now, but when it happed it scared the hell out of me, dont think I will ever forget balling my eyes out in A&E or the feeling that id never even get to meet him (or her at the time) .Bet you cant wait for your scan? Are you going to find out what your having? I know what you mean about the baby weight being terryfiying, its scared the crap out of me as well and thats whats made me come back. Iv read that baby related weight is anyware from 26-35lb, the rest is just our fat..Iv put on 26.5.. and dont want to miss preciouse moments with my newborn just becouse im so depressed about all the baby weight I have to loose and then the weight on top of that as well. Also, iv alwys been over weight, even as a kid and iv said Axl is not going to have that problem, hes going to eat healthly and hear I am suvalling **** down him before hes even born...not good.

Id love a pregnancy/slimming Buddy, its a great idea and will help keep us both motivated...Beware, consider yourself stalkered....

Aww my eldest has got part of my dads name too, my two boys are Jack and George. we can't decide on a name for this little bean tho it might help when we find out what sex it is, i'm pretty convinced its a little boy even tho the pregnancy is completely different? strange but hopefully we will find out in 13 days and counting haha :)

I understand what you mean about not wantng to pass on bad eating habits to your little one, my eldest is a little overweight and it kills me, even tho we give them a balanced diet and they get lots of excersize i think hes going to take after me :(, but we are tackling it head on and hopefully we can change that, like you i've always been big and from the age of about 11 my weight went up to 11 stone then when i was 12 it went up to 12 stone and it litrally carried on until when i had my youngest son i had a very difficult labour and ended up in a coma for a week after his birth when i weighed after leaving hospital i had lost 5 and a half stone!! i was soo chuffed but then i was told it would all go back on coz it was water and muscle that had gone, as son as i started eating/drinking i was soon ballooning back up and thats when i hit my highest of 26 stone 8 lb :( but soon realised i had to do something about it! and so here i am with 4 months to shift as much as i can healthily :)

will look forward to hearing back from you :D xx

Hiya Sara,

Firstly many thanks for the lovely comment that you posted on my photo thread x

And a big well done on all the weight you have lost so far, and wanting to continue whilst pregnant xxxx

Also, great that you have started a diary, its amazing how much help and support you can get from it!

Hiya Sara,

Firstly many thanks for the lovely comment that you posted on my photo thread x

And a big well done on all the weight you have lost so far, and wanting to continue whilst pregnant xxxx

Also, great that you have started a diary, its amazing how much help and support you can get from it!

Thank you Lynne, Your more than welcome i love looking and reading peoples success storys and photos they really inspire me to stay on track so thanks for sharing :) the support on this site is amazing and for me much more motivating than my local group xx

My god you had a tough labour hun, glad you came out of the other side. Iv struggled with my weight all my life. Iv tried every diet, took every diet pill and nothing has worked for me. I eventualy had a gastric bypass at 32stone in feb 07 which the surgeon did wrong and very nearly killed me, it was touch and go for 3 years, monthes at a time in hospital as they couldnt find what was wrong with me And have been hooked upto a food drip more times than I can think of. At one stage i was vomating my own feceise. After several operations hed realised hed attatched the wrong end of my intestines and also left too much in causing a kink in my pipe work. I was so malnurised I had to learn to walk again, which was tough and I still sometimes have problems now with sever thigh spasams. The malnutrition left me weighing just under 10stone, which for the amount of skin i have and muscle wastage was not a good think, I looked like id been in a concentration camp. On leaving hospital, diaticians advised me to eat a very very high calorie diet to help build me back up, which I did. So with building up my muscles again and the lack of a full bypass now intact after a part revision the hig calorie diet reflected my old diet, hence why I need Sw and minimins

Oh my gosh!! what a horrid few years you've had :( i couldn't imagine how that must have been for you, thankgod they worked out what they had done wrong (eventually) at least now you can try to get back to normal you sound like a very strong person i admire your strength :) i hope the spasms stop soon for you (my dad suffers from these after having a triple heart bypass last year and ive seen him in pain virtually every single day since) so glad your finally recovering and with this sites help and SW (and mine :D) you can reach full health again soon xx

Food diary for today :)

BREAKFAST: had a lovely lie in so missed breakfast oops! :D

LUNCH: 57g wholemeal bread (hexb) with mushrooms and baked beans, manderian mullerlight.

DINNER WILL BE: cheese (hexa) stuffed garlic chicken (hexb) with sw chips and mushy peas.

DRINKS: tea and coffee 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexa).
SNACKS: mini curly wurly (syns 3.5?)
SYNS: 3.5 so far! :)

i will try and add some syns in throughout the day :)

Last edited:
Mmmm, dinner sounds very nice today. im fancying SW chips, but just cant be arsed, iv got my bad head on today, think baby must be having a growth spurt or something becouse im starving and very soar. Spent last night on the sofa, had period like pains in my groin or like when you need to poo lol. it was coming in little waves so dont know if these were braxton hicks or not as iv not had them before.

Today iv had
Brekki...£ bacon medalions, baked beans, scrambled egg, a tomatoe and tones of mushrooms, with a few tiny chunks of boiled potatoe.

Dinner...Ham salad butty on my HexB Bread (1syn) for salad cream and a handfull of grapes.

Iv nibbled on a bannand, an apple and a bag of salt & Vinegar Snacker Jackes (5.5syns)

Not sure what to have for tea yet, OH having an indean curry, so hes welcome to that, cant stand the stuff since pregnancy. Think it might involve a diced chicken breast, savoury rice and sald then I can have some more later

Food diary for today :)

BREAKFAST: had a lovely lie in so missed breakfast oops! :D

LUNCH: 57g wholemeal bread (hexb) with mushrooms and baked beans, manderian mullerlight.

DINNER WILL BE: steamed chicken (hexb) with sw chips and mushy peas.

DRINKS: tea and coffee 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexa).

i will try and add some syns in throughout the day :)

Lovely sounding food for today, but if you don't mind me saying, I noticed that you are only having one HExA, and you can have two if following green, which would be really good for you whilst being pregnant.:)

Mmmm, dinner sounds very nice today. im fancying SW chips, but just cant be arsed, iv got my bad head on today, think baby must be having a growth spurt or something becouse im starving and very soar. Spent last night on the sofa, had period like pains in my groin or like when you need to poo lol. it was coming in little waves so dont know if these were braxton hicks or not as iv not had them before.

Today iv had
Brekki...£ bacon medalions, baked beans, scrambled egg, a tomatoe and tones of mushrooms, with a few tiny chunks of boiled potatoe.

Dinner...Ham salad butty on my HexB Bread (1syn) for salad cream and a handfull of grapes.

Iv nibbled on a bannand, an apple and a bag of salt & Vinegar Snacker Jackes (5.5syns)

Not sure what to have for tea yet, OH having an indean curry, so hes welcome to that, cant stand the stuff since pregnancy. Think it might involve a diced chicken breast, savoury rice and sald then I can have some more later

I've been getting a sore belly too midwife thinks it might be my c section scar tearing slightly on the inside :( i dont like the thought of that but she said its perfectly fine so we will see. hope you feel a little better soon instead of doing sw chips why not do sw potato fritters i find them so much easier i just microwave 2 potatos with the skins on for about 8-10 minutes then peel the skins off and slice into fritters instead of chips then either fry light them in a frying pan or in the oven so much quicker than doing chips :) your breakfast and lunch sounds lovely i'm just popping out to buy some salad and fruit and a few cupboard bits to last this week i'm eating more now than i ever have!! its crazy lol hope your having a lovely day xx

Lovely sounding food for today, but if you don't mind me saying, I noticed that you are only having one HExA, and you can have two if following green, which would be really good for you whilst being pregnant.:)

Oooh thanks for pointing that out i will now be having cheese stuffed garlic chicken with my dinner :D yum yum xx

Back