Extra Easy Pregnant please help!

mummyClark

Silver Member
Ok so I have just found out I am pregnant with no.2, was wondering how I go about continuing with SW, nit sure what I have to adapt to make it healthy fir bubba, if I makes a difference I only follow the extra easy plan.

Are you at group? You can continue to go with your midwife's permission. As a midwife myself, I find it funny when they say that, since virtually all obstetric people I know know pig all about nutrition. And I've never known them tell anyone to change their diet, apart from the morbidly obese that they sometimes send to a dietician. So the person who comes into clinic slim, but living off chicken nuggets and chips, doesn't get told to change it lol (usually).

Usual advice is to avoid unpasteurised cheeses, due to food poisoning risk, hard cook all eggs, avoid liver due to high vitamin A content, avoid fish with high mercury levels like sword fish.

Since SW is a healthy eating plan, rather than a restrictive diet, I would imagine the only difference would be more healthy extras.

Ooo, and don't forget your folic acid supplement

Since SW is a healthy eating plan, rather than a restrictive diet, I would imagine the only difference would be more healthy extras.

Ooo, and don't forget your folic acid supplement

I think from other posts I've seen on here that's the case for pregnant (and breastfeeding) women, more healthy extras. Obviously you need to check with your doctor and your consultant though!

Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations! I make that 3 babies announced this week, lots of mini-minimins!!

As long as you miss out the foods that they tell you to skip (which seems to change on a whim nowadays) you should be fine.
As babies are parasitic creatures they will take from your stores all the nutrients it needs, so it's keeping the balance to make sure you get enough nutrients!
Extra easy is simply healthy eating.

congrats :)

Thanks girls, I don't do group just on my own, I thought it would be ok coz I eat healthier now than I ever had just probably need more milk, I will check it's ok with midwife though, but if she was the same one I had last time she wasn't very nice x

Hi mummy Clark I'm expecting number 2 n find chatting on pregnancy and slimming world thread good :) I'm 29 weeks and only gained 5lb... Somehow hahaha considering I have only been doin bits of sw

Congrats and good luck :) xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 4lb

Back