Preparing for holidays

Orange Plum

I will be going on holiday in 2.5 weeks for a couple of weeks. It will be impossible to stick to the plans so I was going to have a semi break from CD. I would be grateful for any advice from CDCs or anyone who has been on holiday and managed to limit their weight gain whilst on holiday but still enjoying it and how easily they got straight back onto it when they got back! Should I start working up the plans/should I still have the shakes whilst I am away as well as eating? As you can see I am beginning to panic a bit as don't want to undo all my hard work but want to enjoy holiday too.

Thanks in advance for any repliesxx

I'm on 810 and had a week in Greece (got there with XL and got home with other airlines and minus €2K, but that's another story!)......

I brought my CD shakes/bars with me and had them every day, with a light meal at night and a glass of wine (which I managed to last about 3 glasses by adding sparkling water to) and although I missed my WI (as I was away Tue-Tue) I lost 2lbs last Saturday, so was well pleased with that.

If you can CD for breakfast and lunch and have a healthy meal at night (I stuck to fish mostly with veg or salad) you should be fine. I was worried too before I went, but was determined not to let the holiday set me back and thankfully it didn't.

Enjoy the holiday!

Hey hun, well I went on hols and only put on 2lb while I was away and I wasn't worrying about what I ate the whole week. Tho I put on another 3lb when I got back while I was faffing about trying to get back on the diet. However, I have lost what I put on now and back on it.

I would say to just not go too mad and just remember whatever you put on, you'll be able to get it off again :)

Hi

I must admit when I read your thread it masked my own thoughs with my own holiday coming up.

I am starting to panic too (sad I know), have been looking forward to this holiday for so long and now wishing in a way werent going as dont want to ruin all the hard work.

We are going half board so taking shakes etc really is not going to work, plus being a veggie I wont be able to have any meats/fish for main evening meal to try and help keep carbs down. Everything is going to be so carb loaded! :sigh:

Am currently doing SS+. I had thought of coming up to 810 then 1000 plan the week before go away.

I had thought of packing some nuts to take with me for snacking on in the day ! as they tend to be low carb. But apart from that dont really know what going to do.

Would also love to hear from anyone else who has managed to go away and not do too much damage.

thanks x

dont even know why im replying cuz im a disaster case, im just back from a week in lanzarote and gained 16lbs!!!!!! id say mainly through drinking though 7night! didnt go to mad eating but had two meals a day. just giving you a insight into what may happen if you go mad like i did!!! :) xxx

Back