Pretikas Journey

Pretika

Silver Member
HI All,

I have reached my target of 10st and I have decided to stop and move up to maintenance. I thought that I would also share some of my experiences over the last 6 months.

My weight problem only really started when I had chilldren - I had 3 children in 5 years and during that period my weight went from 10 and a half stone to 13 and a half stone...

I must admit I never really saw my weight as a problem as I kept saying to myself that " I have had children" so it is ok. But one day in August 2008 I went to the doctors as I was feeling really unwell, tired and stressed.. I am an accountant and I was in a really stressful job and I used to eat for comfort and I was always eating take aways and convienience food as I was always tired and working late..

So I went to the doctors and he told me straight up that my blood pressure was way too high and that if this continued he would put me on tablets...and said I was 3 stone overweight!!

I was SO shocked I thought i was a little tubby....

So I decided to go on to cambridge.. and it changed my life. Admittidly is was hard for the first few days but once I saw how quickly the weight was falling off I kept motivated to keep going...My conseller was absolutly brilliant. she got me in to exercise and I have slowly increased my fitness level

So my statistics were

Weight 13st 7lbs
Size 18
Exercise - None
Food Habits - complete take away and junk food addict

Health - High blood pressure

NOW

Weight 10st
Size 10
Exercise at least 3 times a week - with the aim to run the 5km race for life in July
Food - 1200cal plan to maintance ( I think that I will maintain at 1200 cal)

AND I feel amazing - I have had so many wonderful comments my self confidence is ski high...

I have had some amazing support on this network and I really appreciate all your support..

I will still be around on the site.. I am going on holiday on Wednesday - so having a bit of a break from cambridge but not from healthy eating... that is for life..

I will come back here regulary and update on maintance - as that is another challenge.

Thanks for reading

Hey Pretika
Great to see you hun! Well done on reaching goal !!
Loved your post and look forward to reading about your maintenance journey.
xxx

Hi Pretika

Congratulations on reaching your target and that you're feeling good. You've obviously done a complete turnaround with your eating habits - thanks for sharing your story it's been inspirational :)

Congratulations on reaching goal!! :clap:

Oooooo!

Well done on reaching goal hun! That's amazing!!!! :)

xx

HI All,
I have reached my target of 10st and I have decided to stop and move up to maintenance.
I will still be around on the site.. I am going on holiday on Wednesday - so having a bit of a break from cambridge but not from healthy eating... that is for life..

I will come back here regulary and update on maintance - as that is another challenge.
Thanks for reading

Where are you??? Somewhere nice???Hope you had a fab holiday.
Did you maintain whilst on yours hols. ??? You've been away 2 weeks now, so i reckon we can look forward to your posts very soon.

Hi All I am back - I went to India for 10 days - It was fab and I maintained my weight - not surprising as it was soo hot I could not eat.... But I am back now how are you all. I am planning to start training on the 1st April for the race for life so gearing up for that... Hope that you are all well.....

hi hunny, soo glad you had a fab holiday and well done on maintaining whilst away too! that's fabulous!
Good luck with the train for RFL that'll sort that pesky lb in no time!!

xxx

Welcome back to our lil forum !

Glad you enjoyed yourself and that you did so good dietwise! Way to go hon!!

xxx

Hi all - I hope that you are all well. i I have had a busy few days....and done some hard thinking I think that I would like to move down a bout another 1/2 stone. I have been maintaining between 10st 1 and 10st 3 - and I am happy with my size but I think that it is now time to have another push... but I am not sure what route to take - do I reduce my calories or do I really up the exercise?

Hey Lelly - I have also decided to continue the "healthy" way instead of going back to 810.... thanks to you all !!

Hi Pretika, glad you have chosen healthy too! I have seen with the help of everyone's advice that it could be dangerous for me to do otherwise.

Good luck hunny
xx

Hi all - I hope that you are all well. i I have had a busy few days....and done some hard thinking I think that I would like to move down a bout another 1/2 stone. I have been maintaining between 10st 1 and 10st 3 - and I am happy with my size but I think that it is now time to have another push... but I am not sure what route to take - do I reduce my calories or do I really up the exercise?

Hi hon, real proud of you letting the 810 stuff go. You can do both really. Have less calories and work out more. It depends on what you want. If you have a bit of a busy lifestyle and no time to work out then downing calories probably works best. If you stick to low GI you'll probably do just fine in terms of hunger too! ;)

If you have time to go for a run, walk, bikeride or to the gym a few times a week then you could definately do both.

Good luck hon xxx

Hi Lostris - Thanks!! Yes you are right I am going to try and do a combination of exercise and calorie reduction... Thanks for the advice!!

Hi Lostris - Thanks!! Yes you are right I am going to try and do a combination of exercise and calorie reduction... Thanks for the advice!!

Hi there,

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress!! :D

I'm sure you'll do really well!!!

xxx

Hey petrika, how's it going hun?
xx

Hey - How are you ?? you ar doing really well. Sorry not been in touch - so busy at work.. I am good I have crept up about 3 pounds - but that is with no really watching what I eat- just normal living - i have made some good choice when going out - but i have indulged a little. My counsellor says that it is fine as long as i keep in control and that i keep up the exercise .. I am thinking that I might try and go down a little further - about 7lbs - but I am going to try and do it by healthy eating and exercise . Training for race for life is going ok... but I still doubt that I can do it - but my counsellor is convinced that I will be able to run the whole distance - Iwill just have to keep up the training, I am enjoying it!!

You seem to be having fun - and you are doing soo well

take care hun
P

Hey hon!

Hows everything going?

How is your race training going? It's a running race? (Sorry not from UK and not very into the whole running thing but I have heard of i....... very vaguely).

Running is exhausting isn't it?!!!

Hope you are well!!

x

Hiya

Hope you are doing good hon!

xx

Back