Prettypink - My Diary

PP, I have also fallen off the wagon, but in even more spectacular style than you. I put on 2lbs this week :(. Hopefully we can both redeem ourselves next week. I am going to read Molly's diary again, as she inspired me to go back to GL in the first place.

Oh Prettypink, you have been having a bit of an updown week haven't you!!! Starting every day with good intentions and then slipping in that old dangerzone we all know of the late evening and nights out. You will have to get better control of this. You know that on GL, the cravings for the sweet and overprocessed foods will continue if we don't break the cycle by cleansing our systems of these foods. You need to do that for a few weeks at least and then reintroduce some foods/drinks very carefully.
Well done on taking to quinoa as it really is a great food. I often have it stirfried in with a big go of veg and some chilli and cremefraiche and lemon juice and it is very filling.
The bulmers light is a good choice. I have always been a wine or gin and tonic person with having far too much of both!! I have switched to either a couple of glasses of cider or about three little bottles of wine. On a night out I also drink about a litre of water as well. I now don't miss having loads of drink and have a much clearer head the next day!! I enjoy myself just as much which I thought would be impossible. Try it next time and see how you go.
Going back to college will pose challenges for you as it will be easy to give in to fast food habits when you have had long days. If you have access to a microwave at work, why not try bringing in a portion of a bean or lentil casserole/curry and just reheating it.
For college, you could make up a salad with quinoa forked through it or you could have a cold bean salad as well. If you might be happy with fruit, just chop up a couple of plums with some seeds over it and take a yoghurt to mix in with it when you eat it. With GL you can have a half tub of hummus with some celery,carrot and a couple of oatcakes.
There are lots of options, it is just a matter of finding what works for you.
my motto is, find the solution not the problem!!
You have a great positive attitude and you will overcome this bit of a slump in your resolve!!!

Thank you IM! I weighed in this week and had STS, which was lucky for me considering the way my week had gone....I was much better this weekend and have my food planned for this week so hopefully I will not stray!

You are right, of course, I need to get away from the sweet cravings and have a couple of alcohol free nights out! I can manage it I'm sure!

With regard to college, again it is just planning and being organised, I have to "think outside the box" with regards to my evening meal on these occasions. Unfortunately I don't find fruit fills me but I could definitely make up some type of rolls, using either a wrap or nori to take with me that I could eat on the go on the way to college.

With my middle of the day meal, I can have my soup or something that I can heat here.

I am definitely converted to the quinoa - it's fab! I cook it with a little cumin seeds and turmeric in it and it adds a lovely flavour. I even have some cooked this evening to have with my chicken curry.

I have also started taking a chlorella and spirulina supplement. It is supposed to help with the weightloss and in general be a "superfood/nutrient".

Plan for today is:

B: porridge with cinnamon and berries
L: mixed bean soup
D: chicken curry and quinoa
S: pear and cashews, oatcakes and sundried pesto

Lots of water and vitamin c to try to shake off a headcold I seem to have picked up!!

You definitely seem to have your mojo back!! Well done on the STS. Obviously your week balanced out overall. I have been taking the Patrick Holford Optimum Nutrition vitamins for a while. Don't know if it makes a difference really.
Regarding the quinoa, I use it almost exclusively instead of rice or pasta or pots and its fine. I have a batch cooked up at the minute with chicken stock and some chilli flakes and pepper just to give it a kick.

I looked at those supplements at the Rude Health Show at the weekend but the girl told me they were €38 for a months supply so I decided I'd stick with what I have and add the chlorela and spirulina.

Had a good day foodwise today but slipped on the water and don't feel like exercising. An early night for me and back on track tomorrow.

€38 would have been cheap for them!!! I shelled out 52 in a health food shop in Dundrum!! IMO they are a bit of a rip off as you can shop around and get similar strength ones at less money.
Keep focussed tomorrow and keep up the water intake.

Hey Prettypink, how are you doing today? Hope it was a good one.

Hey, where are you hiding?? Hope you are doing o.k.

Hi, Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Life has been a bit hectic and I went off the rails! There's no point in me trying to make excuses why I didn't follow the plan as I always had a choice but decided to take the "bad" route and boy do I feel worse for it, never mind that I have put on a pound!! So eating the wrong food (bread, chips and potatoes namely) have left me feeling bloated, lethargic and my sinuses are playing up like mad (not sure if this is food related or not). I have also broken out in pimples, again not sure if it is food related or stress.

Anyway I am back on track as of tomorrow and am determined to have that pound shifted along with a bit more!

Well done Molly on everyone on your recent losses.

((((((hugs))))) PP. I am sure that this week will be better for you, and we are all here to support you.

Thank you Skerry. It's one of those times when everything seems to be happening at once and unfortunately I deal with stress by eating all the wrong things but I am back on the road to success.

Today went well.

B: porridge with coconut and agave syrup
L: chicken salad
D: chicken, soba noodles, spinach, rocket and watercress with sundried tomato pesto
S: oatcakes with peanut butter, oatcakes with pesto

Not so good on the water and no exercise but at least the food went ok;)

Ah sweetie, it is a pity you went off track. At least you recognise stress as a trigger for you going awry. Busy times definitely make it easy for us to reach for the carbladen foods. Don't know why but we do it all the same.
Try and keep up the water at all times. I really believe it helps. Even if you have a bad day try and not let it turn into a bad few days. Fingers crossed for you and hope this week is a better one all round!

Thank you Molly, that's what I love about this forum, all the support you get!

Today has been a mixed day for me good and bad. Still under a load of stress but have done better than I normally would, still not as good as I should.

B: porridge with coconut and agave syrup
L: chicken salad with sundried tomato pesto
D: turkey sandwich (it was late)
S: oatcakes and peanut butter, oatcakes and sundried tomato pesto, nectarine - ok that was good until i had a 5 year olds party and then i had a bun and a slice of cake!!

Excellent on the water - about 2.5litres but unfortunately no exercise.

Here's to tomorrow!! Healthy food planned and stocked up so fingers crossed.

Look at the positives for your day!! 90% of your day was great. The bun and the slice of cake was not the best choice but it did not end in a bingefest!! Roll on tomorrow and keep the munchmonster at bay!!

So much for staying positive Molly, I got on the scales this morning to see how I was doing and I was up 4lb!!!:eek::eek:

How is it possible to go up 4lb in 4 days?? I just don't understand it, I know I was bad with food choices and I had a couple of drinks on Saturday night but I have never gained that sort of weight in such a short period of time.

I am so totally disheartened.:cry: I am beginning to wonder if I should maybe try some of the meal replacements such as Lighter Life to try to shift the first couple of stone. At least it is a fast weight loss and then come back to GL. At this rate I will never get to a healthy weight.

That is tough, but remember weight will fluctuate through the week and you may have undone some of the damage.
If you are finding it too tough, maybe a few weeks on a tfr plan will help break bad habits and give you that boost you feel you need. If you do tfr then spend a lot of time thinking about your relationship with food. At the end of the day, the big challenge we all face is not losing the weight but keeping it off.
Only you can know what will suit you best. TFR is far more restrictive than eating plans but it does give you a complete break from food.
have a good think and then make up your mind.

Well as you can see from my absence on here and also my updated tracker I have fallen off the wagon. I'm not sure exactly why except that I am not in a very happy place at the moment, with a lot of things going on and I know I am not giving it what I should. Also, not having to weigh in to anyone is kind of easy to not focus too much on that gain every week instead of a loss so I've decided to give slimming world a go. I have never done it before but I hope I can incorporate some of the low GL principles as it definitely makes you feel better. Anyway, this is my first week with SW so fingers crossed. I'll move my posting over to SW but will pop back here every now and again to see how everyone is getting on. Good luck everyone.:wave_cry:

Sorry to hear that GL does not suit you. I totally understand the aspect of having an "official" weigh in as it does give you the incentive to work harder. You can try and use some GL principles with your SW plan too. Lots of luck with it.

Remember me??

Hi everyone!

Back to join you on the GL way of life! First of all Irish Molly and Jan, you really are an inspiration to everyone. Well done on how well you are doing!:clap::clap:

Ok, so SW did not work out for me - the reason - truthfully I didn't give it a chance. Tried it for a couple of weeks, had the opportunity to eat as much carbs as I wanted so that is exactly what I did, with the result that I put on weight for the first 2 weeks I went to it! As much as I love pasta, it doesn't love me! Anyway, after a couple of weeks of gaining I gave up - story of my life. It was an easy excuse to be honest.

I have tried to cut back, doesn't work! Tried to avoid "everything nice" doesn't work. What does work, and really and truly is not that hard is GL. I just need to be organised!

So starting last Monday, I basically "got back on the wagon" and planned my food. I did really well but the one thing I couldn't give up and really looked forward to every evening was my 2 cups of tea with 1 chocolate biscuit each time.

Despite this, I lost 4.5lb which I am absolutely delighted with! I know a lot of this is water and of course I should have been really good tonight and not had any wine but it is Saturday night.... I was good and only had 2 small glasses, but at least I did not snack!

So here goes. When I was enjoying my wine tonight I planned my meals for next week and intend on cooking them tomorrow to put temptation as far out of the way as possible...

This time I will do it!

Good luck everyone.

PP

Oopps - just realised I haven't updated my ticker or stats! it's gone up (in the wrong way) since this!

PP, welcome back. Sorry SW did not suit you. I guess we have to try a few things before we find what suits us. Your post sounds very positive. Well done on your loss. Factor in a little treat, just keep them under control and you will do well. You are also right to plan your food. Having a few dishes preprepared is a great help. I always make sure I have a bean or lentil dish in the fridge. This really helps on the days that I feel too weary to cook healthy! Good luck for the coming week.

Back