Primal State? Thoughts On why you feel so good in ketosis?

LynseyLou

Does anyone ever think that the feelings that increase with Ketosis could be down to a Primal State?

I was having a discussion with some friends of mine about how wonderful I feel on ketosis, besides the scientific factor and what happens to your body which we all know about we were discussing if there is more too it than that.

For example the factors which I pesonally have experinced:

Sense of Smell is very sharp...I can smell a pack of crisps from 2 meters away

Sleeping well at night and waking up feeling very refreshed and energised

Bounds and Bounds of engry and feeling like I could run for Miles.

More Alert and aware of whats going on around me

One of the people i was chatting to said that they think its because to me its like your primal hunting insticts being finely tuned as your body is eating its stores and needs to hunt for food as its your natural instict...(not saying that you should eat thou as your packs are just fine for nutrients :D) For example everything is tuned in those ways as they are what you need to hunt with in Primal times

As I thought about it this seemed to make sence to me and I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts on this

:D

Got to be something in it. I do think that its nice of whoever created us to make us feel so good when we're (in essence) almost starving! I suppose it got our ancestors through periods of famine by still giving us the energy to still keep farming and hunting (like you said). EIther way - I'm glad - how could we manage on VLCDs without it???

yeah its quite right

our ancestors didnt eat a high carb diet if any at all.. it was all meat so they were in constant ketosis!! and they needed to be alert for their servival (sp)

makes alot of sense

I totally agree about the feeling of well-being. It was much more than the pleasure of losing weight. I too slept well and, ironically, stopped getting up during the night to go to the loo, despite drinking so much more water.

I not only felt physically light, but also mentally light.

Obviously, for me a diet high in carbs (sugar particularly) just leads to me feeling tired, depressed, and unable to sleep properly.

So that begs the question, why oh why have I returned to bad old habits again...

I hate feeling like this...

AJ

Ray Meers

yeah its quite right

our ancestors didnt eat a high carb diet if any at all.. it was all meat so they were in constant ketosis!! and they needed to be alert for their servival (sp)

makes alot of sense

I happened to catch the last ten mins of this earlier where he'd caught venison and was cooking it with rocks in a hole in the ground along with some sort of starchy root. He was discussing hunter gatherer instincts & diets of previous times.... I have to say when he sliced the cooked venison - I was dribbling full on!

I totally agree about the feeling of well-being. It was much more than the pleasure of losing weight. I too slept well and, ironically, stopped getting up during the night to go to the loo, despite drinking so much more water.

I not only felt physically light, but also mentally light.

Obviously, for me a diet high in carbs (sugar particularly) just leads to me feeling tired, depressed, and unable to sleep properly.

So that begs the question, why oh why have I returned to bad old habits again...

I hate feeling like this...

AJ

I think Carbs are a deffo no go for me but dont get down about eating carbs cut back and eat high protein you have done it before you know you can do it again before it goes tooo far! xxx

yes ketosis is the best free present i've ever been given lol

Wow that makes so much sense!!

Back