Primula cheese question!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, the new SW mag features new Primula deli light cheese spread (in tubes)- smoked salmon/black pepper flavours. It states (as does the SW website) that 42g of this counts as a HEXb on green!! Can someone tell me why it wouldn't also be a HEXa on Extra Easy? I don't understand!!!X

In case you didn't know... I'm sure you do as you've not asked but I'll add it anyway...

a 25g squeeze (that's what they list it as!) is 3 syns on all plans for both flavours. The original flavour (plain cheese, I assume) is 3.5.

There isn't enough calcium in them to count as a HEA so they are only a HEB but only on the green plan as you say.

There isn't enough calcium in them to count as a HEA so they are only a HEB but only on the green plan as you say.

So why isn't it as important to have the calcium intake on green? Is it because you're allowed 2 HEXs? If this is the case, you're allowed 2 HEXs on red too so surely they could allow it as one of your HEXa's on red!! Grrrwww I don't like feeling confused! LOL!X

It's a HEb on green because of it's protein count rather than the calcium. On red and EE you get your protein from lean meat so they don't include this as HEb as it's assumed your intake will be high enough. Also it means you have to use your HEB on these days for a fibre rich food like bread or cereal rather than more protein.

Hope that helps

It's a HEb on green because of it's protein count rather than the calcium. On red and EE you get your protein from lean meat so they don't include this as HEb as it's assumed your intake will be high enough. Also it means you have to use your HEB on these days for a fibre rich food like bread or cereal rather than more protein.

Hope that helps

Yes that does make sense actually! Thanks Circes! It must be lovely to have a brain! LOL!XXx

Has anyone tried the salmon one is it nice or an aquired taste??

Back