pro plus and cd

I think it all stems back to last year when Pinkmantha had no problem in hiding her issues. I think when you work/have worked so hard on CD you know how important it is to do it right. Proplus and CD I believe could be dangerous especially if taking with more caffine. There is no need for it. We all have sleepless nights about one thing or another but you have to learn to deal with these things without the need for something to help you whether it be food/proplus etc etc I think that is probably what GG is saying. Saying that I have had plenty of times in the past in my up all night clubbing days where proplus was my best friend :D not good for you though.

ETA sorry if that sounded harsh I didn't mean it to x

I think it all stems back to last year when Pinkmantha had no problem in hiding her issues.

but thats ME discussin MY issues and gg was very good to me and gave me a lot of advice thats why i was a bit shocked when she just said what she did

but thats ME discussin MY issues and gg was very good to me and gave me a lot of advice thats why i was a bit shocked when she just said what she did

I think it was genuine concern hun - its just the way things are typed sometimes - written words can come across so much harsher ..

Plus.. to be honest I don't see mental health/well being as something to be "hidden away"

yes i agree that they shouldnt but it is each persons personal choice weather they choose to speak about their issues or not.

i also don't understand why taking pro plus to try and stay awake during the day, when you have to be up and caring for a sick grandmother constitutes into someone with mental health issues??

coming from experience with Mental health issues, i personally do not like my problems aired for all to see. if i feel like talking to someone about it i will, but thats my choice and it should be PinkMantha's too.

i also think, with what PinkMantha is going through with her nan, she is doing marvellous at keeping it all together... if she needs a caffine pill.. so what?

Maybe this isnt such a friendly place as i originally thought, i thought this was a support forum??

Hi Everyone --

I am sure that Gg meant what she originally typed in a caring concerned vein. She has communicated with PM in the past, and probalby felt that they understood each other. Gg is (IMHO)brilliant at providing support and advice, and very open about her own issues. Admirably so.

The problem with email, postings, etc. is that we do have body language, facial expressions, intonations, etc. to help us understand the speaker's (in this case writer's) intent.

Back to original posting discussion: I would be careful with ProPlus on a VLCD, because there are risks with taking an excess of caffeine in any circumstance, but even more so on a VLCD (just like alcohol is riskier).

Caffeine interferes with the uptake of iron, and it is usually advised not to take caffeine when you have large amounts of iron in a meal. Menstrating women would be ill advised to take pro-plus unless they are supplementing their diet with iron and vitamins. Iron deficiency causes anaemia, and general weakness.

There is some additional information in Wikipedia regarding dieting and caffeine and I suggest you read that too http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffein…

However, you sound like you are young and healthy. You will not kill yourself, and so you will learn that what you are suggesting is not very clever. Be particularly aware of the mental effects of caffeine, which will be exaggerated if you are dieting.

It would be better to wait until after your exams to diet, as you burn more calories studying than you would think. The brain uses a lot of calories (or at least mine does)!

Try Gingko Biloba, cod liver oil, or oily fish on wholegrain bread instead as a study aid.

What harm could a low calorie and high caffeine diet do to my body? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

So, I suggest the we go with what the "offended party" wrote and...
PinkManthaok lets just draw a line under it and move on xx
MM

i dont think youve upset her, but others who came along and poured petrol on the fire have

gg was just speaking from concern not to try and upset pinkmantha

Hi PinkMantha (and by the way -- I love your Spoonerism or is Spooneristic name) -

I think that you understood that Gg meant well, came across some time ago when you asked that people draw a line under it. Very mature and considerate of you. Thanks for that.

I hope your family does as well as possible through you nan's illness. It is such a strain and so heartbreaking.

I am grateful that my father-in-law (who passed away from lung cancer), developed pneumonia and refused treatmeant. He knew he was terminal and did not want his beloved family to have to watch him suffer or linger any longer than they had to. Bless him.

I miss him and wish my children had been able to know him, but I am glad that we have so many more healthy, happy memories of him because of his brave choice.

MM

Oh the joys of forums ladies and gents!

Just to repeat what has been mentioned already, it is hard to convey someone's emotion and tonality through text as you can only read it back in your own voice and leave it to your own interpretation.

I feel partly responsible due to calling GG up on her post but I know from my own experience on these forums that the advice she has given in the past and will undoubtedly continue to give is always helpful and sincere so I do feel this is just another case of a post being misinterpreted so for that GG, I do apologise.

Hope we can all leave this behind with no hard feelings and move on, we're all in this CD boat together, so let's stick together :)

J

I also apologise to PM, and really never meant to make any situation worse. Certainly wasn't pouring petrol on anything. X

Having been in similar situations, my first instinct was to defend her....no harm was meant.

Also, this forum has been nothing but welcoming and the ladies on it are brilliant. I certainly wouldn't have gotten through the last 2 wks unscathed without you all. So, thanks for that.

X

nikkinack said:
I also apologise to PM, and really never meant to make any situation worse. Certainly wasn't pouring petrol on anything. X

Having been in similar situations, my first instinct was to defend her....no harm was meant.

Also, this forum has been nothing but welcoming and the ladies on it are brilliant. I certainly wouldn't have gotten through the last 2 wks unscathed without you all. So, thanks for that.

X

And GG. X

I think you're all nuts ;) (and myself probably too)

I haven't tried using ProPlus on this diet but I agree that I haven't felt any of the energy that others seem to on this diet - I wish! I've been really lethargic. I might try it myself one of these days if it gets much worse!

I just have to add that PM asked for advise not an assemment of her mental health .. yes taking pro plus together with other caffeine on CD is a bad idea and that is the advise she was after , it was a simple question and all she needed was a simple answer

hey peeps. i think that we are a really caring site and we express ourselves opening sometimes when we are concerned about our others. it is true that too much caffeine is bad.... loardy i'm a caffeine freak myself and know when i've had to much lol.

i think that no one will really have been mega offended and we just have to remember that we are here for each other regardless of open comments being made.

all i can see from this thread is that PM has had a hard time with family issues and needed some major caffeine intake to get through it.

i believe that some of us hide away our feelings, thoughts and ideas and although we express ourselves we don't like anyone else making comment no matter how true or untrue it is.

we are a family on here and we are here to help each other. sometimes a family can hurt each other not on purpose but by being concerned about each other. you hurt people that you are close to at times although the intent is not one of hurt.

I know I have no part in this convo really but here's my two pence - Being concerned is lovely, but a comment like that (at the risk of echoing prior comments) is judgemental and inappropriate for a public forum. If that was me, I would feel humiliated. It could have been PM'd. It's like someone saying publicly "you're fat" or "I question your intelligence" or something equally insulting and non-constructive.

It basically would make me feel like I can't post honestly anymore and would have to edit myself for the forum, at the risk of being seen as mentally unstable!!

About a thousand lines have been drawn under this but I think it has hit a lot of nerves I think
:(

ah well! It's easy to speak/post without thinking - I know I'm guilty of that.

Back