Pro Point Changes

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
I'm a bit of a diet hopper between sw and ww, i was just having a look at the weight watchers shop and found this

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/ima...ications FINAL VERSION (at home) 22.08.11.pdf

I have just about got my head around propoints and was hoping to start again as i'm finding sw tough to stick to at the moment. Not sure i can cope with anymore changes, has anyone heard what the actual changes may be?

No idea what the changes are, I've only just started on PP!! Maybe something around fruit allowances perhaps or carrying points over, don't think the actually points in food is changing as that functional part of the calculator remains unchanged its the tracking part so it must be around the tracking of food, so maybe you can only have so much "free" fruit per day and the rest has to be pointed? I don't know really?

No idea, but I hope they change this whole riduculous situation where us larger men can be on 60+ points a day. It's next to impossible to use them all up, unless you're eating constantly!
That and the whole situation with free fruit needs to be looked at, I feel, but no idea how that would work when the way you point food isn't changing.

I heard a rummer (so take it with a pinch of salt) that it has something to do with the amount of weekly points we are allowed.

In Europe they get different weekly points depending (I think its) how much you weigh, or something like that, so when you lose more weight you get less weekly (please correct me if wrong)

Anyway think they are going to try an introduce something like that here, from what I read on another site, but please do not quote me on this just yet..

No idea, but I hope they change this whole riduculous situation where us larger men can be on 60+ points a day. It's next to impossible to use them all up, unless you're eating constantly!
That and the whole situation with free fruit needs to be looked at, I feel, but no idea how that would work when the way you point food isn't changing.

My hubby started on something like 45-48 points and he found them to many. I mean I'm on 29 a day and he came home more then once a week with what I was allowed for a whole day, left to use on his evening meal.

He just lowered his points by 1-2 less then what he was told at the meetings and finds it much easier.

Would help if the leader told him he was on less points as he is on 40 or so now, we only found that out cause we put his weight in online and it show a decrease in the amount of daily points he had. (I thought it was supposed to be checked every 7-14lbs :( suppose I could have asked her to recheck it)

Sorry rant over...

I heard a rummer (so take it with a pinch of salt) that it has something to do with the amount of weekly points we are allowed.

In Europe they get different weekly points depending (I think its) how much you weigh, or something like that, so when you lose more weight you get less weekly (please correct me if wrong)

Anyway think they are going to try an introduce something like that here, from what I read on another site, but please do not quote me on this just yet..

That would make sense as people seem to naturally reduce the amount of weeklies they us as the nearer they get to goal weight.

I don't mind if they limit the amount of "free" fruit to say 2 or 3 portions a day, but really hope they don't scrap that idea as its helping me not feel hungry.

Its nothing to do with the plan.. Its changes on the calculator.. Something to do with the tracker function on the PP's calculator..
That's what I get from reading the notice anyway...

Sorry no scrap that.. read it again.. It is changes to the plan.. Whoops...
Well that sucks!! Maybe they'll keep changing so we can't do the program without going to the meetings... But over here they cost a bomb!! €40 a month to go to WW then the cost of a healthy shop.. then the added expense of a gym!!! Its more economical to be fat! :mad:

Well they are calling it "enhancements" so maybe not full blown changes!

S'pose... trial and error and all that.. Hopefully my friend is still going to classes then and she can explain the 'enhancements' to me :D
And it doesn't affect how things are calculated so only ppl who track on the calculator will need to upgrade..

Yep thats true, I don't track on the calculator I track on the tracking book, I only use the calculator to work out points. Can't you join online to the English site? Its oly £33 at the moment for 3 months?

Don't you know anyone in England that would agree to you using their address? Just a thought because its an excellent website now and there is the great deal on as well?

Would help if the leader told him he was on less points as he is on 40 or so now, we only found that out cause we put his weight in online and it show a decrease in the amount of daily points he had. (I thought it was supposed to be checked every 7-14lbs :( suppose I could have asked her to recheck it)
That does wind me up too. I've been going to meetings for 6-weeks, and was on 63pp a week when I started...eSource has told me I've dropped to 61pp, but no recalculation at all in meetings. It's only because I'd been doing it online for 2-months before I changed to meetings that I knew points change, otherwise I'd have carried on regardless...and no doubt there are people out there who are having too many points and gaining because no-one has re-evaluated their points.

I feel silly though, as I used a good 20pp last night eating a pork pie just to use up some points. Somewhere around 45pp would be ideal for me.

That does wind me up too. I've been going to meetings for 6-weeks, and was on 63pp a week when I started...eSource has told me I've dropped to 61pp, but no recalculation at all in meetings. It's only because I'd been doing it online for 2-months before I changed to meetings that I knew points change, otherwise I'd have carried on regardless...and no doubt there are people out there who are having too many points and gaining because no-one has re-evaluated their points.

I feel silly though, as I used a good 20pp last night eating a pork pie just to use up some points. Somewhere around 45pp would be ideal for me.

Thats what I thought. Not everyone who goes to meetings goes online as well, so your right, there must be someone out there eating to many points. My hubby is able to check his points each week online, people with the calculator can do it with that (we gave ours to my mum as I have a calculator on my phone).

As a rule of thumb its supposed to be checked every 7-14lbs, the first time we did PP back when it first started we were even told by our leader that it was different to the old discovery plan, you didn't drop points when you went to the next stone like from 19 stone down too 18 stone 13. but once you had lost a full stone they would recheck it, nope not once yet have they rechecked it like I said. Maybe I should enquire, but then our leader might just say she doesn't need to as we are using eSource...

Last edited:
Yea we had the same problem too.. Only we sussed it quite early on the calculator my friend would have been screwed. She said nothing at her meeting and waited to see how long before the leader would bring up about eating less PP's.. She was on 5pp a day less before her leader mentioned to her about decreasing her intake..
We bought the calculators the day the new program was introduced over here and my friend is very inquisitive so found how to check it straight away.. I was in the class only 6 weeks when i left and started doing it on my own at home.. But in that time I had dropped dailies and nothing had been said..
As far as I know she tells everyone their dailies allowance every week now on WI.. But she had to be pulled up on it before she done it.. It is very frustrating when you're paying them for a service and doing the research yourself

Propoints system changing?!

Just saw this on the WW website...

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ProPoints® CALCULATOR PURCHASE
Ensuring that we continue to offer you an effective and scientifically proven weight management programme is a continuous process. Our aim is to make the ProPoints® plan as liveable and flexible as possible to support those looking to lose and maintain their weight.
As part of this ongoing development, in November 2011, we will be introducing some fantastic enhancements to the ProPoints plan. This will mean that the tracking feature in the 2011 edition of the ProPoints Calculator may not fully support you if choose to adopt one of the enhancements to the plan. We will be introducing a new ProPoints plan Calculator which is updated to support all the enhancements to the plan and has the added benefit of improved functionality, but this will not be available for purchase until January 2012.
The enhancements to the plan will not change the way you calculate ProPoints values in food.

Anyone heard about this? i dont go to meetings but didnt know if anyones leader had mentioned anything about them changing anything in Nov? Maybe they are changing the way weeklies are used/allocated?

My leader mentioned it to
Me (I help out) but she didn't say what it would be...but I'm die'ing to know xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back