Pro Point Changes

Hiya,

I have just joined weightwatchers in Germany and it is true that our weekly points are variable between 35-49 points. I am not sure at what point they decrease or by how much I am afraid my German is not quite good enough to understand all the paperwork lol.

Ah, thank you for replying :) I just found it so strange how there is literally nothing about it all online.

just read this on the communities page of the WW forum (from a member)

The minimum number of points you will be allowed will decrease to 26pp rather than 29pp. The flex rule will also come back in to play. You can save a maximum of 3pp a day, but only in one day. E.g. if you ate 23pp today instead of your 26pp, you could eat 29pp tomorrow. But you couldn't Monday. You can only save them for a day.

The weekly pp will remain the same.

I wonder why they've made those particular changes - if they're correct of course?

The minimum number of points you will be allowed will decrease to 26pp rather than 29pp. The flex rule will also come back in to play. You can save a maximum of 3pp a day, but only in one day. E.g. if you ate 23pp today instead of your 26pp, you could eat 29pp tomorrow. But you couldn't Monday. You can only save them for a day.

I wonder why they've made those particular changes - if they're correct of course?

Thats weird. Must be alot of people complaining or not lossing on the system as it is.

Nearly*There said:

Where did this person get the info from? To be honest, I'd prefer that as I sometimes don't use all my dailies and I refuse to use them in food just for the hell of it

Can't say I'm complaining to be honest. Its all working grand for me so far so don't think I'll change what I'm doing just yet ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

masses of people complaining on the ww forum and homepage about not losing weight:sigh:

I would have thought that they'd amend the 49 then rather than the dailies! But sure we'll see xx

Were we not told that the 49 don't work for everyone and that we have to work out what works for us all individually. I don't know anyone this system isn't working for. xx

Maybe its why people's losses are so slow tho... I kno i'll be happy with havin less dailies.. :)
In saying that.. My losses are slow but am happy enough with it.. Slow but constant when I stick to plan.. So its defo workin for me.. For now!!!

Sometimes it hard to use up all the points then on other days u dont seam to have enough haha love the weeklies for that x

no don't reduce the 29pp, i'll be eating like a rabbit or bird soon

I need my 29, I think that's very little as it is. Looking back, the weeks I've list the most are weeks I've eaten all dailies and weeklies. So suppose its different for everyone!?

maybe the reduction to 26 pp's will be for those very near to their goal?

I haven't done at all well on the PP plan as it is - I have lost 5.5LB in 16 weeks - well that was before a 1.5LB gain appeared out of nowhere last week - which means, in theory, I have lost 3.5LB in that time:eek: - however, I have lost 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips from all the exercise... I am around 12LB from my goal, so have changed to Simply Filling this week.

I hear that WW often make 'improvements' to their plan at this time of year so when they advertise in January they can say it's a NEW plan and grab attention that way..

I've 5.8lb left to lose and still eat my 29pp and 49 weeklies. Sometimes I get a good loss and sometimes I get just half a lb or so. It must depend what works for each individual person. I don't mind losing slowly as long as it goes but can see why it might frustrate some people.
I did discovery last year and lost 2st but definitely prefer propoints so far... Lost 16.2lb so far. ;)

I wish they would just say I they are making changes I would be happy just to go down a few points on out dailies but those weeklies are really handy sometimes if u want a nice tea at the weekend xx

I don't know if it would be lowering it to 26 min points because say weeklys are still optional and someone doesn't eat additional calories with fruit and veg that's a very low calorie intake that could be seen as unhealthy! 26 points would be enough for me though most days as I'm a fruit monster!!!

The flex rule will also come back in to play. You can save a maximum of 3pp a day, but only in one day. E.g. if you ate 23pp today instead of your 26pp, you could eat 29pp tomorrow. But you couldn't Monday. You can only save them for a day.
If true then that's all well and good for those with a lower number of points, but it's a bit of a false economy for those of us on the high-end of the scale...and it must be said, especially us larger men who are getting around the 60pp a day mark. Unless you're going out drinking (which if you work, is not practical every day), it's a struggle to use that many points up as it is, without adding another 3pp you've not been able to use from the previous day.
They need to change it so that we're not being given more than about 50pp a day...all it means at present is that we don't eat fruit and veg, as we just can't fill up on veg and use our points. It don't work!

If true then that's all well and good for those with a lower number of points, but it's a bit of a false economy for those of us on the high-end of the scale...and it must be said, especially us larger men who are getting around the 60pp a day mark. Unless you're going out drinking (which if you work, is not practical every day), it's a struggle to use that many points up as it is, without adding another 3pp you've not been able to use from the previous day.
They need to change it so that we're not being given more than about 50pp a day...all it means at present is that we don't eat fruit and veg, as we just can't fill up on veg and use our points. It don't work!

wow 60 points per day, are you losing weight on that amount of points?

I don't know if it would be lowering it to 26 min points because say weeklys are still optional and someone doesn't eat additional calories with fruit and veg that's a very low calorie intake that could be seen as unhealthy! 26 points would be enough for me though most days as I'm a fruit monster!!!

This girl gets it. This is MY problem. I don't actually eat all that much fruit and veg (I'm trying really hard to eat a bit but I'm doing good if I get 2 portions a day). So 26 for me just wouldn't feel like I'm eating enough. Suppose if I stop losing weight I could adjust but even then I think I'd just adjust my weeklies rather than dailies if ya know what I mean? x

azwethinkweiz said:
This girl gets it. This is MY problem. I don't actually eat all that much fruit and veg (I'm trying really hard to eat a bit but I'm doing good if I get 2 portions a day). So 26 for me just wouldn't feel like I'm eating enough. Suppose if I stop losing weight I could adjust but even then I think I'd just adjust my weeklies rather than dailies if ya know what I mean? x

I can't see it happening to be honest, I don't think it's in line with what weight watchers are trying to promote! Think everyone would have to move to sw or do simple filling if it was the case! Pro points would certainly lose it's appeal I think!! X

Back