Pro Point Changes

I can't see it happening to be honest, I don't think it's in line with what weight watchers are trying to promote! Think everyone would have to move to sw or do simple filling if it was the case! Pro points would certainly lose it's appeal I think!! X
The amount of people saying they wouldnt mind the drop in daily pp is making me feel a bit like a greedy mare now LOL!! :eek:
Better get used to me fruit & veg, just in case!!

*starts stuffing grapes in her gob*

azwethinkweiz said:
The amount of people saying they wouldnt mind the drop in daily pp is making me feel a bit like a greedy mare now LOL!! :eek:
Better get used to me fruit & veg, just in case!!

*starts stuffing grapes in her gob*

Nah your not greedy! Some days I'm like really have I used that many points?! And others I use hardly any, just depends what you fancy and some healthy stuff is high in points with really small portions!
I love tinned mackerel but that's like 6pp generally, and say you want some new pots 2pp, Sweetcorn 1pp, some bread and low fat spread 3pp maybe, a nutritious salad can have quite a lot of points! Sorry I'm waffling and going off in a different direction! I just don't think lowering daily points is useful!! X

Nah your not greedy! Some days I'm like really have I used that many points?! And others I use hardly any, just depends what you fancy and some healthy stuff is high in points with really small portions!
I love tinned mackerel but that's like 6pp generally, and say you want some new pots 2pp, Sweetcorn 1pp, some bread and low fat spread 3pp maybe, a nutritious salad can have quite a lot of points! Sorry I'm waffling and going off in a different direction! I just don't think lowering daily points is useful!! X
Aye, I had a greedy day yesterday... I dunno why I get so snacky. Today is another day & hopefully I wont be as snacky which will even it out a bit ;)

Nah I totally get where you're coming from... Its like i'm eating this healthy dinner but for some reason it seems loaded with pp!! Yep. Thats what happens to me too!

Yea but for those of us that don't eat much choc r crisps etc.. Its almost impossible to use all the dailies.. i find it is anyway..
Today I've had brekkie so far, and about about to have lunch so in total after lunch i'll have used 7pps.. leaving me with 22 to use for dinner!?!?!?!!?! Without having a 'treat' dinner like pizza or lasagne or something equally unhealthy or having chocolate or biscuits, how am I meant to use them??????

Dubchick81 said:
Yea but for those of us that don't eat much choc r crisps etc.. Its almost impossible to use all the dailies.. i find it is anyway..
Today I've had brekkie so far, and about about to have lunch so in total after lunch i'll have used 7pps.. leaving me with 22 to use for dinner!?!?!?!!?! Without having a 'treat' dinner like pizza or lasagne or something equally unhealthy or having chocolate or biscuits, how am I meant to use them??????

What you had for breakfast and lunch? :)

I wouldnnt mind if its t saving pp for next day thing. Wud still mean u cud do it exactly t same!

Ive kinda done that a few times and still lost. For example if i go over one day n no weeklies left n dont eat a few pp t next day x

I always use all my weeklies n find if i spend them on drink as opposed to food i get a much better weight loss!

wow 60 points per day, are you losing weight on that amount of points?
I have been, yes. I was on I think it was 66pp when I started back in April, and was weighing in at nearly 22-stone at the time. Still on 58pp now I'm down to nearly the 18s, but it's still a lot and much more than I really want. I'd be quite content with having around 45pp a day.
So far today I've used 15pp in total on my breakfast and lunch, which have left me quite full. Honestly I don't know what I'm expected to use the remaining 43pp on. I don't want to eat a meal that big!

What you had for breakfast and lunch? :)
I had a weetabix chocolate breakfast bar for brekkie, 2pp. And toast (3) with charleville spreadable cheese, slice ham,(2) tomato and onion for lunch..

Ive kinda done that a few times and still lost. For example if i go over one day n no weeklies left n dont eat a few pp t next day x
I've done this too.. Think it was the week before last I allowed myself a day (which turned into 3 days) off but still tracked EVERYTHING.. And had gone over my weeklies by something like 18.. So i ate my 3 meals as normal and just didn't eat to use up what was left and made up the 18 I had gone over by.. Each day I was more that satisfied and wud hav eaten carp purely to use up my dailies...

I always use all my weeklies n find if i spend them on drink as opposed to food i get a much better weight loss!
Yea alcohol is about all my weekies are ever used on.. Swear I dont hav a drink problem tho :D :8855:

I have been, yes. I was on I think it was 66pp when I started back in April, and was weighing in at nearly 22-stone at the time. Still on 58pp now I'm down to nearly the 18s, but it's still a lot and much more than I really want. I'd be quite content with having around 45pp a day.
So far today I've used 15pp in total on my breakfast and lunch, which have left me quite full. Honestly I don't know what I'm expected to use the remaining 43pp on. I don't want to eat a meal that big!
Yea I'm with ya there.. I've loads now to use on dinner and there's no way I'll use them in the way WW intends us to use them.. on healthy food!! I took out chicken for dinner so that'll be 3pp for that.. I'll have either rice or pasta with it so either 4 r 5 for that.. Veg.. and depending on what sauce max 2pp so am looking at 10pp max for dinner leaving me still with 12 to use..

Massive well done to you on your weight loss! :) have you spoke to your leader about how to use all of your points up? and presumably you have your weeklies to wade through too?!

I think the lower 26 pp's will be for folk that are say, half a stone, away from their goal? who knows, all will be revealed in November! :D

It kinda does make sense that a 26pp day should be available. Like I'm 5ft 8, surely if I'm on 29pp to lose then someone who is only 5ft 2 would need even less! I don't know if I would like to be on the 26 though, although times I struggle to eat the 29 I still wouldn't wanna give them up lol

I don't know if its because im a total carb monster, or if i just have a big appetite, but i can't believe you can have 40 or 50g of pasta for dinner. I always have at least 70g, and if I've got points to spare i will have up to 100g. Im pretty sure the suggested portion size is 75g for starter and 100g for main.

I don't know how i will feel if i have to drop to 26pp. I love a big dinner so i usually have 15 or so for that. Guess i will just keep spreading the weeklies out day by day. I don't always need 29 i suppose, but i try to plan my meals so i am close.

I realise that my comment sounds a bit like an accusation. Like i was saying i don't believe you have that portion size. I didn't mean it to come across like that, i just meant comparing it to.what i can put away, its hard for me to think that people can be satisfied on half what i eat.

*loves* xxx

Massive well done to you on your weight loss! :) have you spoke to your leader about how to use all of your points up? and presumably you have your weeklies to wade through too?!
Thanks. :) The weeklies I don't mind so much, as I be a cider drinker...and at 7pp a pot, that just about covers a night out without having to think. That one night is about the only night that having so many dailies actually benefits me, as I do tend to make poor food choices when drunk...as this weekend's KFC binge will attest.
My leader doesn't have much to say about it. Think they get this idea that you should fill up on free veg etc, and tell it to everyone no matter what. Luckily I was doing it online long before I went to meetings and lost weight on Discover back in the day, so I know how my body deals with the system. It's just weird that unlike on Discover, I just don't think twice now about eating a ton of chocolate or pasties or cakes on PP...it gets me out of a hole, which isn't really the mindset WW should be breeding with people in my situation.

anj_i_am said:
I don't know if its because im a total carb monster, or if i just have a big appetite, but i can't believe you can have 40 or 50g of pasta for dinner. I always have at least 70g, and if I've got points to spare i will have up to 100g. Im pretty sure the suggested portion size is 75g for starter and 100g for main.

I don't know how i will feel if i have to drop to 26pp. I love a big dinner so i usually have 15 or so for that. Guess i will just keep spreading the weeklies out day by day. I don't always need 29 i suppose, but i try to plan my meals so i am close.

Hiya :)
Jus checking.... U realise it's 40g dried pasta yea???
I can jus about manage to finish that portion, on a hungry day I'll hav the 60g but that'd b the last of what I eat for the day coz I'd b bloated as hell. And I'd only manage it if I'd no veg wit it.

Dubchick81 said:
Hiya :)
Jus checking.... U realise it's 40g dried pasta yea???
I can jus about manage to finish that portion, on a hungry day I'll hav the 60g but that'd b the last of what I eat for the day coz I'd b bloated as hell. And I'd only manage it if I'd no veg wit it.

I can eat 100g dry weight pasta no bother hon, guess I've a bigger appetite lol ;) ooops...

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

azwethinkweiz said:
I can eat 100g dry weight pasta no bother hon, guess I've a bigger appetite lol ;) ooops...

Really???? I prob wud hav been able before I started ww but defo not now. I struggle with 40g now. I manage it. But it's a struggle n straight for a lay down n loose trousers after lol

Seriously? 40g? SERIOUSLY? I'd laugh if someone put 40g of pasta in front of me, only a few mouthfuls in that! You must have no appetite compared to me hahaha. I'm such a greedy mare lol

Back