Pro points vs discover

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
Which plan do people find most effective? I've done discovery in the past, what is so different with the new pro points plan? I am thinking of joining a class, but need some advice first

Hey!

I was a devoted fan of the discover plan, I lost 3 stone on it and didn't really see why they had to change it......however I did move over as it was an opportunity to have a 'fresh' diet and have to learn things again, as I guess I had got a bit complacent with the old plan.

Pro points is refreshing as the changes that they have made work well for me. Most fruit and veg is now free so I can bulk my meals out with it, and the 49 additional points as your 'weekly points' mean that I can have that blowout at the weekend and not feel like I have cheated, as when I felt like that I generally ended up cheating up until the next weigh in!

I admit I have just returned after a few months off, but that was due to work etc and nothing to do with the plan.

Give it a go - between the plan and the support on here, you won't look back!! Good luck with whatever you decide :)

someone else asked this a few weeks back and i said when i get past 20 weeks i would compare my weightloss from both plans.

in 23 weeks i lost

on discovery - an average of 1.32lbs per week
on ProProints - an average of 1.39lbs per week

so nothing in it weight wise however i was often hungry on discovery, i'm not hungry on ProPoints.
i think the biggest difference is i could stay on Propoints for the rest of my life and live a normal life where i can go to parties and not feel guilty.

* just to add there was only ½lb difference in my start weights on both diets*

Last edited:
Really interesting to read this - thanks :)

The old points work best for me...and thats what I am sticking to...Good luck to everyone whatever diet you are on...

Rosie_Lee said:
someone else asked this a few weeks back and i said when i get past 20 weeks i would compare my weightloss from both plans.

in 23 weeks i lost

on discovery - an average of 1.32lbs per week
on ProProints - an average of 1.39lbs per week

so nothing in it weight wise however i was often hungry on discovery, i'm not hungry on ProPoints.
i think the biggest difference is i could stay on Propoints for the rest of my life and live a normal life where i can go to parties and not feel guilty.

* just to add there was only ½lb difference in my start weights on both diets*

Second this... That's why I'm sticking with it. Not hungry anymore and I can stick to it as a lifestyle change. I'm averaging as lb a week on propoints which I think is decent enough. Hope to be at goal by xmas :) sure everyone should give it a go for a week and then see which they prefer for themselves, good luck xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

i have to agree,,was loving discover and didnt want to change but did anyway and would never look back..so much easier to have nights out or a party to go to and not to be starving yourself for days before/after it:)

Back