Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Pro points vs discover

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Shelliewoo83, 25 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Shelliewoo83

Shelliewoo83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Which plan do people find most effective? I've done discovery in the past, what is so different with the new pro points plan? I am thinking of joining a class, but need some advice first

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinny_wannabe82

skinny_wannabe82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Discover (old points)
    Hey!

I was a devoted fan of the discover plan, I lost 3 stone on it and didn't really see why they had to change it......however I did move over as it was an opportunity to have a 'fresh' diet and have to learn things again, as I guess I had got a bit complacent with the old plan.

Pro points is refreshing as the changes that they have made work well for me. Most fruit and veg is now free so I can bulk my meals out with it, and the 49 additional points as your 'weekly points' mean that I can have that blowout at the weekend and not feel like I have cheated, as when I felt like that I generally ended up cheating up until the next weigh in!

I admit I have just returned after a few months off, but that was due to work etc and nothing to do with the plan.

Give it a go - between the plan and the support on here, you won't look back!! Good luck with whatever you decide :)

4. Rosie_Lee

Rosie_Lee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(32.32%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    someone else asked this a few weeks back and i said when i get past 20 weeks i would compare my weightloss from both plans.

in 23 weeks i lost

on discovery - an average of 1.32lbs per week
    on ProProints - an average of 1.39lbs per week

so nothing in it weight wise however i was often hungry on discovery, i'm not hungry on ProPoints.
    i think the biggest difference is i could stay on Propoints for the rest of my life and live a normal life where i can go to parties and not feel guilty.

* just to add there was only ½lb difference in my start weights on both diets*

Last edited: 25 August 2011
  5. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Really interesting to read this - thanks :)

6. fat?me?

fat?me? Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(29.89%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers D points
    The old points work best for me...and thats what I am sticking to...Good luck to everyone whatever diet you are on...

7. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Second this... That's why I'm sticking with it. Not hungry anymore and I can stick to it as a lifestyle change. I'm averaging as lb a week on propoints which I think is decent enough. Hope to be at goal by xmas :) sure everyone should give it a go for a week and then see which they prefer for themselves, good luck xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

8. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i have to agree,,was loving discover and didnt want to change but did anyway and would never look back..so much easier to have nights out or a party to go to and not to be starving yourself for days before/after it:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.