Pro Points WW

kitt76

Hi Everyone

Can you help?

I joined WW 10 years ago and lost 3 stone and kept it off for 10 years however I have regained 3 stone and have been at Slimming World since march and have lost a stone but its taken ages, and I think its because of all he carbs you can eat which do not agree with me...

Anyhow can anyone explain the Pro Points system to me including weekly points you can have extra, I join on Saturday morning but would like to know a little bit first..

Thanking you in advance

Kitty

Basically everything has a points value. It roughly equates to 40 calories to 1 point. Based on your age, height and weight you'll get a daily allowance. I started off on 34 points a day, and you can spend them on whatever you want. I tend to use about 6 on breakfast, 8 ish on lunch, around 15 on dinner and the rest in snacks. You also get an extra 49 weekly points which many people use when they go out for a meal or on alcohol etc. You can use them all in one go, or a few extra per day, or none at all. It's really up to you.

Some foods are zero points like most fruit and vegetables. But you have to be careful- peas and sweetcorn have points, so do potatoes and SOME versions of tinned tomatoes. I have the iphone app and it's really easy to look up the points values of foods and track what you've eaten. If you don't have an iphone then you can buy a WW point calculator for about £10 and work the points out that way from the nutritional information, or get the books which list a lot of the points values in. (You get a basic book when you join). I've also got the weight watchers kitchen scales which are great. They weigh in grams like usual scales, but you can also work out the PP value of your food by inputting the nutritional info and weighing your food, or selecting your food from the menu and weighing it. It's really handy.

I would say to point absolutely everything you eat. Sometimes it's tempting to leave things off, but then you cheat yourself. Plus if you gain one week then it's good to look back over what you've eaten.

Also, when you exercise you earn activity points. You can eat those, or just 'bank' them. I never eat mine as I like to burn off points with exercise.

Thank you for all the information I really appreciate it, I was wondering about fruit but you have answered all my questions.

So here goes my 14 week countdown to xmas :)

I forgot to say that as you lose weight your daily allowance goes down, but it'll never go below 26! It's a really good idea to eat all of your dailies, but the weeklies are optional. It's good to play around and see what works for you, some people find they have greater losses when they eat their 49 and some lose better when they only have a few weeklies.

Good luck :)

Back