Probably worrying about nothing!!

Shakes84

So I'm a bit of a serial weigher and I need to do it everyday. I've just started day 3 and I weighed this morning (after a pee and before a shake) and I've already lost 8 pound.... Is that right?! It seems too fast! And now I'm scared that I'll put on weight somehow by my first weigh in on Saturday. Is this normal and is it a good idea to weigh every day? :)

I'm addicted to hopping on the scale, ive tried to stop and i cant lol, it is possible that you have lost 8lbs already and dont worry once you keep up what your doing you wont put it back on, good luck and let us know how you got on at your weigh in

id stay off your scales they are probably different to the chemist so weight loss may not be the same 8lb so far is great i lost 8lb my 1st week :) somedays you may not have a loss at all but it all builds up for your weigh in just keep at it sounds like your doing great

GOALS
get past 1st week (yet again)
get in to 15 stone
get in to 14 stone
get in to 13 stone
get to 12 1/2 stone
more to follow

Shakes, I did that too, every single morning without fail......get up pee etc, jump on scales! Very rarely did they go up at all, just when I got particularly constipated:eek: and I got a thrill from how often they went down......if it works for you I'd just carry on.

Just prepare yourself for the pharmacy scales to be totally different! I discussed this with my pharmacist and she was quite happy for me to use my weight on my scales as my 'official' weight as she said that it was likely to be more accurate. This is probably cos I found it difficult to get to the pharmacy at the same time every week, wearing the same clothes etc....too many variables! I know that I can quite easily weigh 5lbs more at night than first thing in the morning, just the sheer weight of all that water we drink!

Stop worrying so much, if you're sticking to the diet you ARE losing weight it's that simple, honestly! You'll get a bit more confident with it all as the weeks, and months, pass.

Good luck x

Hi Shakes, I love the username! lol I only ever used to get weighed at the pharmacy but Im thinking about buying some scales does anyone know any really good ones? I know we can weigh very different depending on the time of the day so as long as you dont get disheartened by getting weighed every day then it cant do any harm.

Last edited:
You guys are all great!! I guess it's right, it won't hurt to weigh at home but I'll prepare myself for a completely different weight at pharmacy. I hope to have lost a minimum of 7 pound at the end of this week so fingers crossed it all goes to plan :) I'll prob just keep a record of my home weight and my pharmacy weight and compare the difference. Thanks for all your advice :)

hi shakes :) alot of the 1st week is water weight but aslong as the scales go down who cares!

i weighed myself at home on day 1 and my scales (better and newer than pharmacy scales) and i weighed 17.4 but on the pharmacy scales i weighed 16.12 on day 1.

weighed myself on day 4 and my home scales said i had lost 13lb :eek:
i couldnt believe that but i weighd myself again this morning at home and my scales say im now 16.2 which means i have lost over 1 stone in 7 days!!
going to pharmacy for official weigh in tomorrow :D cant wait
x good luck and like others have said as long as you are sticking to it you will be losing x

Wow that's great!! Id love to lose a stone this week!! I'm having a tough day today, currently sat in work on break, on my own cos I can't bare to see someone eating food :-( I feel grouchy & sick today but I know it will soon pass & it will all be worth it in the end.... This place is the main thing keeping me going as the people in work really don't understand x

Keep it up shakes you're doing great, I'm on day 8 and it really does get better, at my first weigh in yesterday I lost 10lb, its such a fab feeling it will spur you on into week two! and yes, I am a serial weigher, terrible really, my oh hid them in the attic for a month last year (at my request!) and I was evil! AND put on weight, so I need them! I'm an addict and I don't mind confessing :)

morning shakes you could be having a hard time now but i find it passes quickly sounds silly but i dont want all my usual fatty foods i want a jam butty lmao how deprived lol i dont jump on scales but my wii fit reminds me every day but my weight on ther is different to my scales and the chemists whats that about nowt like confusing u lol just try stick at it and good luck with your 1st weigh in and nomoremuffin good luck to you really hoping you have lost that amount even though i will be sooooooooooooooo jealous lol xxx good luck all

GOALS
get past 1st week
get in to 15 stone
get in to 14 stone
get in to 13 stone
get to 12 1/2 stone
more to follow

to be honest i havent been all that hungry. most of it is in my head & i totally can not be around food. strange thing is... im craving pretty healthy food (all carbs tho) :confused: i havent started exercising yet.... how much does everyone do? the pharmacist didnt mention it at all. im gonna have to pick up some of those ketostix that everyones talking about tho because i still dont think im there. :cry: i weighed this morning and i hadnt dropped any weight (bad times) i think the toughest part for me is convincing my mind that i dont want or need to eat. i think at the moment i just miss food. silly i know :sigh:
anyway, enough moaning. day 4 is over, not that long till WI now :D

so whens weigh in? i was weighed on wednesday (day 8) and i lost 15lb! but i jumped on the scales this morning and i have already lost another 4.7lb! i dont care what the pharmacy scales say anymore, down is down and my scales know me very well lol i even get naked with them every morning ;D

hope you managed to get through the week come and let us know how you are doing, we are here for you xx

i weighed this morning!! :D it was day 7 and i lost 15lb. im so pleased. im keeping my official weigh in by the pharmacy on here but im also keeping track of my naked weigh lol,

roll on week 2 now. im looking forward to it!! :D well done on your weight loss, both 15lb thats great!! :D xx

i weighed this morning!! :D it was day 7 and i lost 15lb. im so pleased. im keeping my official weigh in by the pharmacy on here but im also keeping track of my naked weigh lol,

roll on week 2 now. im looking forward to it!! :D well done on your weight loss, both 15lb thats great!! :D xx

think that deserves a whoop whoop!!

feels good doesnt it? :character00100:

well done hon xxx :D

thanks nomoremuffintop!! it defo deserves a whoop whoop!!! :) x

Back