Problem getting off to sleep

Staffdieter

I have recently found I have had a bit of tummy 'emptiness' when waiting to go to sleep. It seems to occur whatever time I have had my last mix. I try drinking water, tensing my stomach muscles, and bringing my knees up to my chest, but none of these really seem to help - the strange thing is when I wake in the morning, the emptiness has gone? Has anyone else had this?

yes i have it too, im on day 4 and cant get to sleep but like you say its gone in the morning, think my body realises its not gonna get anything and settles itself down x

Thanks, I think you are right. I even tried two hot water bottles last night to see if that could con my stomach, but its still so so.

I'm one of those people who always wakes up in the night to go for a wee (bloody nuisance, I blame the menopause!), and I notice that when I do now - whilst on CD, that is - I'm absolutely starving. But I'm usually so bleary, I manage to drop back into bed afterwards on auto-pilot, and the feeling goes away.

The whole hunger issue for me has been a hard lesson. When I got hungry before CD, I practically used to have a panic attack until I found something to eat. I've now learned to quell that impulse, which I hope will stand me in good stead for the rest of my life. It really is a case of "mind over matter" - I'm teaching myself not to care about those feelings any more. (It goes like this - "you are NOT Cavewoman, worrying where the next mammoth steak is going to come from - you are rational 21st Century Woman surrounded by food that will be there tomorrow and the next day and the next day!" Seems to work for me, lol! :D)

I do sometimes have problems gfetting of if i have my last shake late... i am not hungry but thought it was an energy spike from the nutrients in the pack that made me lively...

Who knows... we are all so different...

x

I'm one of those people who always wakes up in the night to go for a wee (bloody nuisance, I blame the menopause!), and I notice that when I do now - whilst on CD, that is - I'm absolutely starving. But I'm usually so bleary, I manage to drop back into bed afterwards on auto-pilot, and the feeling goes away.

The whole hunger issue for me has been a hard lesson. When I got hungry before CD, I practically used to have a panic attack until I found something to eat. I've now learned to quell that impulse, which I hope will stand me in good stead for the rest of my life. It really is a case of "mind over matter" - I'm teaching myself not to care about those feelings any more. (It goes like this - "you are NOT Cavewoman, worrying where the next mammoth steak is going to come from - you are rational 21st Century Woman surrounded by food that will be there tomorrow and the next day and the next day!" Seems to work for me, lol! :D)
Lol, Jaycey, I can so relate to everything you have said there!! What day is your birthday? I reckon it must be close to mine. Oh and how did your WI go this week? Hope you are doing ok x

Lol, Jaycey, I can so relate to everything you have said there!! What day is your birthday? I reckon it must be close to mine. Oh and how did your WI go this week? Hope you are doing ok x
Hi Lorrayne, yes our birthdays are quite close - mine's May 25th (and I'll be 55)! (Are you a Gemini too?) I didn't get weighed this week because my CDC is away, but according to my own scales I'm around 11½ stone which seems incredible to me. Had a migraine this w/end which I'm still recovering from (and which mucked up the diet a bit) but back on course today even though I feel flattened. I get weighed and measured next Monday, so will see how that goes! (I'm getting into old gear again so I must have gone down a bit!) Good luck to you, I can see you're doing really well. :)

Hi Lorrayne, yes our birthdays are quite close - mine's May 25th (and I'll be 55)! (Are you a Gemini too?) I didn't get weighed this week because my CDC is away, but according to my own scales I'm around 11½ stone which seems incredible to me. Had a migraine this w/end which I'm still recovering from (and which mucked up the diet a bit) but back on course today even though I feel flattened. I get weighed and measured next Monday, so will see how that goes! (I'm getting into old gear again so I must have gone down a bit!) Good luck to you, I can see you're doing really well. :)
I will be 54 on 1st June. Your weight is coming down really nicely, so well done for that! Just goes to prove that all the talk about not being able to lose weight during the menopause isnt strictly true. Maybe on other diets that would apply but not on CD.

I bought some size 14 jeans on Sunday, they felt really loose yesterday, so I tried on Jess' size 12s, which are the same brand and they fit!!! How mad is that???

I will be 54 on 1st June. Your weight is coming down really nicely, so well done for that! Just goes to prove that all the talk about not being able to lose weight during the menopause isnt strictly true. Maybe on other diets that would apply but not on CD.

I bought some size 14 jeans on Sunday, they felt really loose yesterday, so I tried on Jess' size 12s, which are the same brand and they fit!!! How mad is that???
So true about the menopause - I thought I was at the end of the road until I found CD - my whole body has become more streamlined! (More than it ever was before - or so it seems anyway.) I've only bought one new thing since I started the diet (and that was a top), I'm frightened to buy any more in case I grow out of it straight away, like you've done, lol! Ooh, I tell a lie - I did buy a bra, which was 36 instead of 38, but the cup size was the same - yayy!! (My boobies haven't shrunk too much - yet! ;))

Back