Problem with HexBs

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
I wonder if anyone has the same problem I have.
I can't seem to tolerate any Hexbs.
I love Hifi bars and one of those was my hexb every day. I really felt boated and was constantly "windy" and constipated.
I tried Alpine lights - same thing.
When I went away for 2 weeks I had no Hexb's and lost 3 1/2 pounds despite not sticking to SW!
I didn't really put one and one together and had just one hifi bar and bang once again I felt the same.
I tried ryvita, same problem.
I ate Donnie's lovely magic oat porridge for a week and though it wasn't as bad I did feel bloated and put on half a pound that week.
So this last week I cut them all out and lost 1 1/2 pounds though no part of my diet changed, except I drank more water.
I spoke to my consultant about it and she said my body is obviously suffering some sort of intolerance and that it won't harm me by not having hexbs as long as I ensure I eat plenty of veg, which I do.
I have given up bread, so I won't have any of that.
It's great not feeling so bloated and windy, which is darn uncomfortable and embarrassing.
Does anyone else suffer like this?

I don't lose any weight UNLESS I have my HexB choice! I've tried it!

I've seen me using syns to have additional things which would qualify for a HexB - mind you I do have a big appetite!

I luckily don't suffer with wind much, but I don't "go" as often as my hubby - I tend to get a bit concerned about that sometimes as you would think the fibre would help you to keep "regular"?

If your Consultant reckons you're doing ok without the HexB and you're losing the weight - Good luck to you!

Thanks Jacky!
I am going to give it a bash for a few weeks and see what happens.
I didn't "go" much either and had to take senokot a couple of times a week.
I seem to be improving in that area too. I guess time will tell.
If I don't feel much better and the weight sticks I will have to re think and look for other Hexb's that will work!

Its not my Hex Bs that does it its pulses. I get bloating, stomach sounds like a washing machine and its really uncomfortable. I only have these very minimally and only if I'm at home, but pretty much have had to cut them all out of diet.

Thanks Rosie... but is'nt cheese a HexA?
I am doing EE.
I forgot about nuts..I'll try those, and seeds.
Thanks for jogging my memory.
Cheese is also a hexb with much more variety of the type eg you can have 42gm of mozzarella and camembert or 28 gms of most of the others including things like goats cheese. if you ahve the food optimising book they are listed on the page after the cereals etc xx

And you can use a tablespoon of EV olive oil as a hexB, I often do.(nice instead of frylight)I do feel better without bread tho, pity cos I love it! And even with allbran and weetabix crunchy bran my system is far slower than it was before.

I quite often use my healthy B for dried apricots olive oil cheese or a cooked fruit as my body doesnt do well with too much gluten either

if I have gluten I get bloated and windy and it can be painful - I do have two fat free activias a day and that has helped a lot

And don't forget that you can have tinned soup, stewed fruit, dried fruit and canned fruit as a HEB.

If you're worried you might be gluten intolerant then there are corn, oat and gluten-free cereals, breads and cripsbreads that you could try as an alternative.

I get bloated if I eat too may cereal bars so it may even just be down to that.

Actually I'm surprised and disappointed that your consultant just said don't have HEBs when there are so many other choices open to you.

Cheese is also a hexb with much more variety

Just wanted to point out that the HExB cheese's are only HExB's on Green, as a lot of people who do Green are veggies, and the types of cheeses that are on offer for a B choice are high in protein, but not so much in calcium (soft cheeses like philidelphia for example). A cheeses are for calcium, B cheeses are for protein :)

However, my understanding of extra easy is that you can pick A/B from either list? So have cheese as a B on EE is fine, cheese as a B on Green is fine, cheese as a B on Red is a no no.

Thank you all for your great tips.
I really must read my food optimising book properly. I kind of skimmed through it as I thought I remembered all from when I was previously on SW.. I just thought of Hexa as milk and cheeses and Hexb as cereals, cereal bars etc. I totally skipped through the other options... oops :eek:

Aaleigha, I only tried the fat free activia yesterday for the first time and I love them so will add a couple a day too.

Circes, you are right. My consultant should have mentioned the other choices instead of just stating I could give them up.
She is very nice but I often get the impression that she wants to rush on, and that is probably what happened this time.
I think I will have a quiet word with her next week as she should have advised me to look for other options. That's what we pay for!

Now I have lots of good ideas and I shall read the book properly, so I will be having my HexBs.

Thanks all. I always have said you are so helpful, and indeed you are!

Oooh! How many are a Hex B, can I ask? I love them and I've been synning them (they're quite high), I'd much rather have them as a Hex B if it's allowed!
71gms dried ready to eat, 142gms dried and stewed,340gms canned in juice xx

Back