Problems with Google Chrome

fillymum

synful soul
I have been using Google Chrome but got fed up with not being able to copy and paste from things like images.

I was so fed up with it this morning that I uninstalled it and downloaded internet explorer 8 which is great and very fast.

I googled the problem and it is one that
is acknowledged. Hard to believe that something as sophisticated as Google Chrome could not have this very basic function.

I don't really understand the function that is missing.. I use Google Chrome & love it. It can copy & paste images.. I'm confused.

I know absolutely nothing about Chrome but I do have a tip if there is a picture on a website which you can't copy and paste for whatever reason.

Look on your keyboard for a key which is marked something like "PrtSc SysRq". Get the picture nicely centred on your screen, move your cursor out of the way so it can't be seen, and press the PrtSc button (nothing will happen, don't worry about that).

Then open your word processor, get a blank document, and right-click then click on paste (or CTRL-V) and the exact image of your screen will appear in the document. Then you can use the Print tools - crop tool to tidy it up.

I have used this in Word and in PowerPoint, when I have needed a picture for a booklet or a presentation and haven't been able to copy it.

I don't really understand the function that is missing.. I use Google Chrome & love it. It can copy & paste images.. I'm confused.

Iam so sorry YOU are confusd.....no more than I am, but I promise I can not do it and there are forums with sections dedicated to the problem.
I run 2 web sites so I am not an idiot. Old, but not stupid.
I would be grtateful for any pactical help you could give me though I am so happy with the latest version of Internet explorer. Jolly fast too.

Iam so sorry YOU are confusd.....no more than I am, but I promise I can not do it and there are forums with sections dedicated to the problem.
I run 2 web sites so I am not an idiot. Old, but not stupid.
I would be grtateful for any pactical help you could give me though I am so happy with the latest version of Internet explorer. Jolly fast too.

I didn't call you an idiot.. I think I must have misunderstood what the problem was. I don't understand how you don't have the ability to copy & paste images. Could you send me a link to one of the forums so I can better understand the problem you're having? If I've not come across it, then it's probably not a function I use - which would explain my confusion.

I don't really appreciate your tone. I never said you were any of those things & I'd love to help if I can, but can't without understanding the problem first!

I like Chrome on my netbook as it takes up less space, but get frustrated not being able to use Pinterest on it.
I don't try to copy and paste images, never realised you could, I simply download and rename (so I cab find it, nothing worse than having umpteen files called 2008755456 !!!
I've also got Safari I'll have a look tonight!

I didn't call you an idiot.. I think I must have misunderstood what the problem was. I don't understand how you don't have the ability to copy & paste images. Could you send me a link to one of the forums so I can better understand the problem you're having? If I've not come across it, then it's probably not a function I use - which would explain my confusion.

I don't really appreciate your tone. I never said you were any of those things & I'd love to help if I can, but can't without understanding the problem first!

I'm afraid i have to agree, i normally enjoy reading your posts fillymum, you always seem to get your point across directly but also politely. But i found this quite rude, i think JustmeGemmy was just trying to find out what the problem was so that she could offer help
xxxx

Oh yes reading that I've had that problem (it was the copy/paste of images I was confused on), I remember having to type quotations into documents before now. Or copy paste them into an email to myself and then using that to copy from. No help just to say I know what you mean!

I have been using Google Chrome but got fed up with not being able to copy and paste from things like images.

I was so fed up with it this morning that I uninstalled it and downloaded internet explorer 8 which is great and very fast.

I googled the problem and it is one that
is acknowledged. Hard to believe that something as sophisticated as Google Chrome could not have this very basic function.

Filly ...Are you a secret agent for Microsoft?! Haw haw....never had any issues with Chrome...Strange...

Back