Project 37

realslimlady

Hi folks,

Well, I've just restarted SW after a longish absence. When I weighed myself on New Year's Day morning I was 14st 10lbs, which is the highest (by a couple of lbs) that I have ever been:cry:. Even when 9 months pregnant I didn't weigh as much as this!!

I feel like I have been trying to lose weight all my adult life, but whereas in the past (before having kids and after each of my two boys) I chose a plan, stuck to it and shifted a couple of stone as necessary, this time I feel like I have been getting no-where fast. I have spent the last couple of years trying different plans (SW again, WW, calorie counting etc), but I keep falling off the wagon, and as a result have been losing and regaining the same 7lbs with alarming regularity. I know looking back, that because my head wasn't in the right place, I wasn't willing to make the compromises needed and was looking for a quick and easy fix.

Anyway, I restarted the plan on 1st Jan with new enthusiasm and determination and I'm not stopping until I have lost the 4st I need to to get to a healthy BMI. I'm 37 in December 2012 and I am determined to see out my 30s fit and healthy, not obese and miserable. So 2012 is the year to make a change.

I've been doing Extra Easy since I started back, and getting on well, but have decided to revisit Red and Green, as these worked so well for me in the past. So today is the start of a RED week. I'd love people's opinions on my food diary as I'm doing this at home, and while I have flicked through my old books again, I'm a bit rusty!!

RED DAY 1

Breakfast - none. Had a really long lie in this morning (a very rare treat born of the kids being back at school and nursery, but me and OH being off work! Bliss!!)

Lunch: 3 egg omlette with lean bacon, lots of mushrooms and 28g cheddar (HEX A)

Dinner: Spanish Chicken Stew - skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks, with tinned chopped tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, red peppers, chorizo (2 syns), a dash of white wine (1 syn) and 198g new potatoes (HEX B)

Snack: Tinned Pears (HEX B), Shapers Delight chocolate dessert (5 syns)

2nd HEX A is skimmed milk for coffee as needed.

Will snack on lean meat/fruit as needed during the day.

hi project 37 welcome back to s/w, i like you have been dieting on & off for years trying one diet after another but nothing worked (wasn't the diets that were the problem but my head lol) but this year i finally managed to get to target but boy is it hard keeping it there i have now gone 3lb over target if i don't lose it will have to start paying again :eek:, good luck losing the lbs will pop in and see how ur doing x

Back