Proof you need not worry too much what the scales say

arntyjax

If you are getting a bit 'scales' obsessed and disheartened if you have a small loss, just remember that you will lose inches even if you are not losing pounds.

I have lost 2 stone now which is fab (3 to go mind) and have the usual trouble of clothes being to big, so I thought I would hunt into the my 'Narnia' wardrobe for some of the stuff that no longer fitted me that I had hidden away in shame. What a lovely surprise that was!

My son got married 3 years ago. I lost 2 stone for the wedding which I immediately regained (and a bit more too!) I bought a fabulous and very expensive suit for the event which I really struggled to get into but it was OK on the day, if a bit snug here and there.

Out of curiosity, I tried it on today. It is too big! The skirt would need taking in and the top hangs on me. Here's the thing, I weigh 11lb MORE now than I did the day of the wedding! Work that one out. So it goes go to prove that despite not getting the loss on the scales, you will still lose inches.

I am living proof of that and I am really delighted! Good luck guys. xXx

Yey well done you! I am a slave to the scales but since starting this i have taken measurement so as i will take more notice of the measurements than the scales, after all people see what you look like they dont see what you weigh!

Well done! It feels so good when clothes get too big! Im the opposite tho my weight goes down on the scales but my clothes all remain the same on me. Last time i was on a diet i lost 2 stone (i have gain 1 stone since) Yet i was still wearing the same things. Yes they were a bit looser but i hadnt lost enough inches to go into the next size down :(

Oooh artny jax, that is fantastic - you must feel like a million bucks!!! :D

So lovely when you get into clothes you thought you never would. Best feeling ever.

Am shocked you were 11lbs lighter at the wedding, thats unbelievable - its given me hope to as I've been really fed up with my weight loss since the birth of my son (16 weeks) although, admittedly, I havent been doing LT (starting tomorrow!), have been doing ww and for 5 weeks I've lost NOTHING, really down and disheartened, but my DH reckons I look smaller - which I thought he was saying just to make me feel better - this post has made me a bit happier so, basically - thanks for sharing!!!

Well done!

Great post!! and so true. It is so important to keep a proper perspective. I was so thrilled to see clothes practically falling off me after I lost a couple of stone. It is easy to get impatient and want quick results. We did not put on weight overnight and we sure as hell can't lose it any quicker. As well as watching the scales we need to look at how our shape changes and how many inches we are losing. It is great incentive to take measurements every few weeks and see the difference. We just have to stay strong and all will be well.

Thanks guys, and thank you Nikki. Good luck with the Lipotrim, you will love it! My daughter-in-law started 2 weeks ago and she lost 11lb in the first week (Baby weight, baby is 6 months old) and has lost over a stone already!

It is amazing how the fat melts. I was really worried about my arms (Bingo wings!) but they are not looking too bad at all and the weight has really gone from under my arms and sides. I've lost most of my chins too which I am thrilled about! Hahah!

Anyway, all the very best of luck with it and if you get stuck, I'm always here. xXx

That is so sweet - thank you so much - really appreciate it.

Am delighted to hear about daughter in laws baby weight loss - keep hearing that baby weight is hardest to loose, which I thought was ridiculous as surely weight is just weight, right? sadly its proving to be true for me!!. Now I feel a bit better - LOL - your just a wealth of hope and inspiration tonight, arent you?? :D

Congrats on new grandchild too!!! look forward to getting to know you better x mwah!!

Great post - motivating stuff indeed - and true to boot !! :)

Thanks for posting this. I must admit I'm a bit scales obsessed and have been really upset as over the past 2 days I seem to have put on 1lb! Clothes shops are getting me down too... My size 16 jeans are falling off me but I can't get the new size 14s I bought today near me. Very down :(

I'm on my first week, weigh in tomorrow, and the skirt i'm wearing for work is so much looser than it normally is, Cant wait for tomorrow :)

Cheers for posting this - I'm going to measure myself today and keep a record so if I'm unhappy with a weight loss one week I'll just remind myself of how many inches I've lost! Oooh and i might dig out some old jeans soon!

Well done on the weight - and inch - loss arntyjax! x

Hi

i have to admit - I am weighing myself prob 3 - 4 times a day. The blasted scales seems to be stuck as there is no budging it no matter how much i lean left or right ( usually works!!!)

I was getting down about it but then last night i was having a lovely girlie bath with bubbles etc. i have been doing this every night as my treat while rest of family eating supper. anyway while in the lovely hot bath with bubbles it dawned on me that my belly wasnt sticking up out of the water as much as it usually does!!!!

So feck the scales - thats a result

I am not alone :) :) :) I hop on the scales so much it's almost unbearable! If I don't like what I see I move them about, go on tip toe, put more weight to the left, or to the right ;)

Ermm, anyone want to join me in disposing of their weighing scales. Put them in the bin, the loft, under the bed wherever just as long as you don't use them.

Personally mine are going in the bin! Right I'm off to do it and the only time I am getting weighed is officially on Thursdays.

Phew! Anybody brave enough to join me :D Might need some counselling over the next few days ha ha xx

I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that - but saying that I haven't weighed myself today - that's a start! x

Thanks for posting this. I must admit I'm a bit scales obsessed and have been really upset as over the past 2 days I seem to have put on 1lb! Clothes shops are getting me down too... My size 16 jeans are falling off me but I can't get the new size 14s I bought today near me. Very down :(

Try not to worry pet. I still have 'Fat' days where I'm convinced that I've put on weight. I even thought maybe I had been sleep walking and ate something without knowing it, I was that freaked out! Hubby assures me we would know if I had any night time wanderings, apart from the 50 trips to the loo of course!

I've just got back from my weigh-in and I've lost 5 1/2lb this week and I was convinced that it would be 3 like last week. Maybe you'll have a nice surprise next weigh-day, but keep your chin up. Know that for certain, if you are 100% you cannot fail to lose inches and the pounds will soon follow. xXx

I'm on my first week, weigh in tomorrow, and the skirt i'm wearing for work is so much looser than it normally is, Cant wait for tomorrow :)

Very best of luck! You'll be amazed, i'm sure! xXx:)

Cheers for posting this - I'm going to measure myself today and keep a record so if I'm unhappy with a weight loss one week I'll just remind myself of how many inches I've lost! Oooh and i might dig out some old jeans soon!

Well done on the weight - and inch - loss arntyjax! x

That's a great idea you know, measureing yourself. It will be your own proof that the inches are still coming off. Enjoy the try on too - it's fabulous! xXx:):):)

Just dug out a pair of jeans I had when I was a big size 30 - they are huge on me! And I've just tried on a pair of jeans I've never worn coz they've always been too small - and they fit! Whooooo! x

Good for you slinky!!

What a feeling that must be - keep it up and soon they will be too big!!

Well done Slinky, that's fantastic! It's such a great feeling isn't it? Keep up the good work. xXx

Back