Prospective Newbie (male)

Hello all

I'm thinking off signing up to the on-line version starting Wednesday for three months. (Birthday on Tuesday)

I did Cambridge last year and lost 3.5 stones - well chuffed, however the weight is creeping back on and I need to stop that. Tried SW but didn't like it, group was a bit too happy clappy for my taste, but that's just me.

Did WW years ago and had good success so have high hopes.

Any hints and tips to get me started? I'm 48 (49 on Tuesday) 5'9 and 13 stones, want to get to 11st 7lbs

Thanks
Stuart

Good luck Stuart! I started a week ago, and have lost 3lb so far. I also used to do SW and hated the clappy meetings as well - they may work for some people but not me. There's been no clapping so far in the meetings - they've been more informative.

My tip would be use the online tracker, be honest and count everything that you eat. I also use the tracker to check out food before I eat it! If you're used cooking from scratch like SW then that's an advantage. Most fruit and veg is 0 points so have them around the house for when you're hungry - do check that they're free first. For example potatoes are free on SW but pointed in WW.

Anyway, go for it, and just take one day at a time!

Hi It's so nice to hear someone else who found sw meetings a bit too 'happy clappy' lol I do prefer the meetings at ww but to be honest I'm not a big meetings fan at all and I'm swaying towards the online ww membership too...was looking at slimfast but I need real food I think! Just wondering if the online ww is any good....

I love the WW app which I use along with the online site. I too hated the SW "crappy clappy class" lol

Back