Protein Drink and Bars

Lil Miss Sunshine

WE can do this :)
i was just looking through the Argos book for protein bars/drinks, was just wondering has anyone tried these ? Going to buy some tomorrow

What are the benefits of them? I'd think they might be high in points

the only time i lost weight was on a high protein diet and i use to have a protein bar at 11 every day and 3pm. Use to have no cravens like i do now. I was doing this in a clinic and you can only get the protein bars if u pay a fortune to them to go to the clinic. So friend was telling me about the protein bars in the argos book. It was the only time i didnt crave i found.

If higher protein helps you to feel full and not crave, maybe just increase the amount of protein you eat or have some chicken breast to pick on. Probably healthier and cheaper in the long run, but its whatever works for you really

Maxitone Scultptress Protein Bar for Girls

• A nutritious protein bar with a precise blend of proteins, carbohydrates, essential fats, fibre and proven weight loss ingredients to aid your fat loss goals and keep you feeling fuller for longer. Contains the highest quality green tea and CLA.
  • Low GI for sustained energy
205 Cal per bar!! They provide more than 20g of protein and also over 5g of fibre and Sat fat is 2.5g

If higher protein helps you to feel full and not crave, maybe just increase the amount of protein you eat or have some chicken breast to pick on. Probably healthier and cheaper in the long run, but its whatever works for you really
i would only i cant eat chicken lol i get itchy face when i eat it :( plus eggs gives me huge hives, so that doesnt really leave much. lol ive a lot of allergies so cant eat a lot of stuff its a bummer :( :(

tbh if it works for you, and you have these protein bars accounted for in your daily points allowance i don't see why you can't have them :) as long as you know the points and counter for them during the day then all i good :)

just worked them out and they are 3.5 points per bar :) so it's like having a crunchie as a snack hehehe! :D so if you put aside and save 7 points a day to have these, then by all means do if it's going to help you with cravings etc :)

I'd thought about having these too; I'm a veggie and find that I don't eat a lot of protein; probably around enough for being healthy; but extra protein is good for weight loss; so instead of trying to cram as much tofu etc in to my diet everyday I might try adding some of these occasionally...

Do they taste nice or is it like medicine? I use my points, so would need to readjust to have these, but I am trying to work out ways to get the best diet possible and these sound like they might add something.

I tend to have cereal for Breakfast (Oatabix), Corn on the Cob and fruit for lunch and Turkey with veg for dinner. I also have a funsize pack of buttons and a pint of skimmed milk a day! Not a lot of protein there really is there!

I'm going to do some more research into these bars.

Thanks

hahaha yea be nice to eat a crunchie at 11 and 3pm ;) but there is a load of protein in these bars, thats the difference. Protein is good for weight loss. Sure ill give it a go for a week, 7 points a day to put aside ill see how i do this, have to cut back on a few things. But shouldnt be 2 hard if i dont crave like i am now. It worked before and my diet consisted of eggs 2 points, mushrooms which are zero points, i use to eat loads of these and salmon and salad. So in the clinic the found we were allowed to eat were low in points or zero so thats why that prob worked. Once i dont eat the way im eating now AND the protein bars. Ill be a stone heavier in a few weeks lol ;)

Back