PROTEIN SHAKE SYN VALUE (HELP)

L33 HAM

Hi everyone,
I am currently following slimming world (easy options plan) at home.

I am doing pretty well so far (3 days) lol but I'm starting my weight training up again and need my protein after I train to help speed up recovery, I have trained 2 days this week without protein and am feeling the effects. so need to try and work my protein into my plan.

Would it be a healthy extra / some syns ?

1 scoop is about 120 cals and the fat is pretty low, I usualy take 2 scoops after training and really do feel I need this to help my muscles recover, but am a bit scared because I really dont want it to jepodise my slimming world plan.

Any advice is so much appreciated

Cheers
Lee

Why dont you eat some normal protein? (Chicken, fish, meat, pulses).

Its really not possible or advisable to try to do both.

Protein shakes will be synned using the no free food allowance rule of thumb (1 syn for every 20 calories)

I agree with trying to get your protein from normal food sources like ermintrude mentioned if you can.

aww,
Pleae dont say this is my only option... ; )

It does make sense i know but its going to be hard getting all my protein from "real" food.

The choice is yours but you would be 12 syns for your two scoops. If you want to use your syns for the shake then it is up to you. But IMHO the whole protein shake business is a bit of a con and only really necessary for serious athletes. So I would save my money and my syns.

Seen i am determind this time I'm going to try and train not using protein powder and try and get my protein through tuna, eggs etc or at least till i drop some weight then i'll see how i go.

Thanks for replying folks,
I'll keep updating

Back