Protein Shakes

hey yeah i have one a day after my weight training in the gym...i worked mine out as five points per scoop and i have one scoop. its cookies and cream flavour its soooo yummy...thats what gets me through the gym session knowing i have that at the end heehee. i just use the five points out of my weeklies :)

you need the protein shake after weights to get nice lean toned muscles...plus the more muscle u have the more fat u burn.
my personal trainer doesnt agree with weight watchers but he.said if i am gonna do it then deffo have my protein shake too.
five points is alot but sooo worth it..the definition in my legs and arms is fab :) x x x

hey yeah i have one a day after my weight training in the gym...i worked mine out as five points per scoop and i have one scoop. its cookies and cream flavour its soooo yummy...thats what gets me through the gym session knowing i have that at the end heehee. i just use the five points out of my weeklies :)

you need the protein shake after weights to get nice lean toned muscles...plus the more muscle u have the more fat u burn.
my personal trainer doesnt agree with weight watchers but he.said if i am gonna do it then deffo have my protein shake too.
five points is alot but sooo worth it..the definition in my legs and arms is fab :) x x x

Seems strange that your trainer doesn't approve of ww.... I've seen a diet plan with protein shakes and its a lot more strict than ww could ever be... :s

I don't think I could ever take those shakes, they can't be good for you?

I would say you could probably put worse in your mouth food wise... Its not unlike a vitamin supplement in terms of content. It's just a way of getting lots of protein in yer diet without having to eat a lot of meat (which is bad for you in so many ways).

I used to take them but the content gave me migraines, so I had to give up on them (i'm sensitive to really random things lol)

Protein shakes are good for you after working out as your muscles will use all the extra protein to repair themselves. And my personal trainer doesnt approve of WW either, he thinks that I should eat what I want (and eat 6 times a day), and then go to the gym three times a week, but whatever, I do things my way!
And I havent tried having protein shakes, my bf has goats whey protein, and it tastes DISGUSTING.

my brother takes protein shakes... well, DID, until he gave up and got a little potbelly! Somehow he never seems to put on weight, but yet even with a potbelly he's still like a stick!

Protein shakes are good for you after working out as your muscles will use all the extra protein to repair themselves. And my personal trainer doesnt approve of WW either, he thinks that I should eat what I want (and eat 6 times a day), and then go to the gym three times a week, but whatever, I do things my way!
And I havent tried having protein shakes, my bf has goats whey protein, and it tastes DISGUSTING.

I did that for 8 months and I stayed at the same 20 stone weight throughout... I mean hows that healthy? I think some trainers don't really eat for enjoyment like a lot of us do, and maybe don't realise we need a certain element of control in our diet.

My p.t is so supportive of me doing weightwatchers.. he is however, a bit funny about slimming world because he thinks eating too much meat and too many carbs (pasta) isn't always a good idea on a training point of view.

At the end of the day you're gonna have to make good choices no matter what diet you are on, if you weight train or go to the gym a lot. Weightwatchers won't make you eat better but it gives YOU the control to do it right. :)

And yeah I agree, protein shakes are boooooke.

my trainers say w.w is only for fat people...hence why i did it.... im not fat anymore and am really toned and muscley(not manly muscle).....he says im at the "athlete" stage now where i dont need w.w and just need to eat healthy..lots of protein..green veg etc and protein drinks.....since taking the drinks ive noticed a massive change in my body...its soo lean and toned. when i was at anither gym they too did not agree with w.w what so ever.they see it as in you could save ur 29 points for the day and eat a big pizza at night time...like thats not healthy. i personally couldnt do it without weight watchers...i love food to much it keeps me on track...i try use alot of points on protein though. i tried sticking to their healthy eating ways and eat six small meals a day but i ended up eating to much. alot of girls in the gym eat the way the trainers tell them and take their protein shakes and their bodies are like WOW.its really what ever diet works for you then its the one u should stick too...but i sooo recommend protein shakes if u wanna build nice lean muscle and be toned...i used to have the most horriblest bingo wings ever :-( but now i have these cute girly muscles x x x

hannata said:
Seems strange that your trainer doesn't approve of ww.... I've seen a diet plan with protein shakes and its a lot more strict than ww could ever be... :s

but the difference is...the diet plan u seen envolves replacing meals with protein shakes etc....all trainers say the same about healthy eating and six small meals a day and to include two protein shakes with meals. i personally love w.w and swear by it but also include my proein shakes. my friend hates w.w and eats what our trainers tell her and she drinks four protein shakes..eats loadsa nuts which to us weight watchers are sooo high in points...but she has the bidy if a goodess...not one bit of wobble just sooo curvey and toned x x

my trainers say w.w is only for fat people...hence why i did it.... im not fat anymore and am really toned and muscley(not manly muscle).....he says im at the "athlete" stage now where i dont need w.w and just need to eat healthy..lots of protein..green veg etc and protein drinks.....since taking the drinks ive noticed a massive change in my body...its soo lean and toned. when i was at anither gym they too did not agree with w.w what so ever.they see it as in you could save ur 29 points for the day and eat a big pizza at night time...like thats not healthy. i personally couldnt do it without weight watchers...i love food to much it keeps me on track...i try use alot of points on protein though. i tried sticking to their healthy eating ways and eat six small meals a day but i ended up eating to much. alot of girls in the gym eat the way the trainers tell them and take their protein shakes and their bodies are like WOW.its really what ever diet works for you then its the one u should stick too...but i sooo recommend protein shakes if u wanna build nice lean muscle and be toned...i used to have the most horriblest bingo wings ever :-( but now i have these cute girly muscles x x x

I think its fabulous that you've done so well!! And I wholeheartedly agree about protein shakes, because getting enough protein from meat means eating a lot of meat - which is very bad for your bowels. I'd be on them myself if they didn't trigger my migraines :p yay for no bingo wings, I think I've lost hope for mine :p

It just makes me very sad that people are so narrow minded... yes you can eat a pizza on your allowance.. but it doesn't mean you should! If someone cheats by eating a pizza its their own fault, not weightwatchers, lol. As you say it keeps you on track and you know how much is going into your body! :)

Back