• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Proud of myself!

Hello, I just want to share how proud of myself I am this evening. Today, for the first time ever, I met a friend for coffee. This sounds very silly, I'm 22 and have never before met a friend for coffee, but I would usually meet someone in a pub or a cafe for lunch or something. Today I went to Baker's Oven and ordered a black coffee, took my own tablet sweeteners, and didn't eat anything!!! That is a huge thing for me. It was an odd experience walking past the cream cakes and the toasted sandwiches without picking something up, definitely a first (shame :eek: ). Now I feel triumphant and empowered and wanted to share it with people who would understand, at least more than anyone else would ;)

Thank you for reading about my odd and slightly silly achievement :D

FEELING GOOD!!!

Gemma x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

hopefilly

Silver Member
Not silly at all Gemma really well done it is very hard to not give in to temptation especially when it is all around you.
Luv Mandy x.

kittykat

Gold Member
S: 29st0lb
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

well done you xxxxxxxx

Well done Gemma:clap:

That feeling is much better than any of those cream cakes would have tasted isn't it? How liberating!

Dizzy x

:thankyou: I was meeting a friend I hadn't seen for a while, since before I started LL, and she was really understanding and supportive. I've had a lot of opposition from people so far but it was really nice to sit and chat for hours without eating anything. Hard to explain but I felt really 'clean' afterwards :D

Gemma x

EmMUK

Trying Hard!
S: 25st0lb C: 22st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 49.7 Loss: 3st0lb(12%)
it's not silly at all, it's a fab achievement, good on ya for feeling proud of yourself.

SHAZA

Silver Member
Hi Gemma

Very well done you, I pat myself on the back every single time I manage to achieve something like that
On sunday when Ann (my CDC) and myself left Birmingham we had around one hour to mooch around Birmingham Pallasades/bullring and it was really shocking how every other shop is either a cafe or coffee bar. We went to starbucks and only had coffee but we spotted a lovely bar that looked quite healthy and Ann checked the calories and it was 450 for a tiny little bar. We had no intentions of eating it but it just shows you what you could eat just whilst you are chatting to a friend

Keep up the great work your weight loss is amazing

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
S: 21st12lb C: 20st12lb G: 11st8lb BMI: 41.9 Loss: 1st0lb(4.58%)
Well done you! Its not silly its a pretty major achievement! In my present delicate state, I doubt very much if I could have resisted like that!!

This diet really does demand a complete change in mental attitude towards food and eating and you've just shown some real courage and evidence that you are making those changes. You deserve a pat on the back and you should feel really good about yourself!

xxxx