Proud of myself!

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by chinchilla, 23 March 2007 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. chinchilla

chinchilla Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hello, I just want to share how proud of myself I am this evening. Today, for the first time ever, I met a friend for coffee. This sounds very silly, I'm 22 and have never before met a friend for coffee, but I would usually meet someone in a pub or a cafe for lunch or something. Today I went to Baker's Oven and ordered a black coffee, took my own tablet sweeteners, and didn't eat anything!!! That is a huge thing for me. It was an odd experience walking past the cream cakes and the toasted sandwiches without picking something up, definitely a first (shame :eek: ). Now I feel triumphant and empowered and wanted to share it with people who would understand, at least more than anyone else would ;)

Thank you for reading about my odd and slightly silly achievement :D

FEELING GOOD!!!

Gemma x

Mini and IreneH like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hopefilly

hopefilly Silver Member

Diet:
    sw ish
    Not silly at all Gemma really well done it is very hard to not give in to temptation especially when it is all around you.
    Luv Mandy x.

Mini likes this.
  4. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

well done you xxxxxxxx

Mini likes this.
  5. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Well done Gemma:clap:

That feeling is much better than any of those cream cakes would have tasted isn't it? How liberating!

Dizzy x

6. chinchilla

chinchilla Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    :thankyou: I was meeting a friend I hadn't seen for a while, since before I started LL, and she was really understanding and supportive. I've had a lot of opposition from people so far but it was really nice to sit and chat for hours without eating anything. Hard to explain but I felt really 'clean' afterwards :D

Gemma x

Mini likes this.
  7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    So pleased not many would have managed
    Irene xx

8. EmMUK

EmMUK Trying Hard!

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(12%)
    Diet:
    Tony Ferguson
    it's not silly at all, it's a fab achievement, good on ya for feeling proud of yourself.

Mini likes this.
  9. SHAZA

SHAZA Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi Gemma

Very well done you, I pat myself on the back every single time I manage to achieve something like that
    On sunday when Ann (my CDC) and myself left Birmingham we had around one hour to mooch around Birmingham Pallasades/bullring and it was really shocking how every other shop is either a cafe or coffee bar. We went to starbucks and only had coffee but we spotted a lovely bar that looked quite healthy and Ann checked the calories and it was 450 for a tiny little bar. We had no intentions of eating it but it just shows you what you could eat just whilst you are chatting to a friend

Keep up the great work your weight loss is amazing

10. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Well done you! Its not silly its a pretty major achievement! In my present delicate state, I doubt very much if I could have resisted like that!!

This diet really does demand a complete change in mental attitude towards food and eating and you've just shown some real courage and evidence that you are making those changes. You deserve a pat on the back and you should feel really good about yourself!

xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.